Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Product Warning/Customer Service Problem!! >

Product Warning/Customer Service Problem!!

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Product Warning/Customer Service Problem!!

Old 02-01-2003, 03:26 PM

Default Product Warning/Customer Service Problem!!

On Dec.10th I purchased a 1.5X4.5 BSA "Cats Eye" scope from my dealer in Kingsport Tn. Within about 2 weeks the product failed, I had water/condensation inside the scope. I returned it to my dealer and he confirmed my suspicions. He advised that he would replace same under full warranty. To date, Feb. 1st I am still waiting. I have been to the dealer several times without success. I called BSA in Florida and they hung up on me. I emailed BSA and as yet I have not had the courtesy of a reply.
One might want to consider this before purchasing any BSA products.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Product Warning/Customer Service Problem!!

Welcome to the forum . There have been quite a few posts regarding the quality of the BSA scope or lack of quality would be better . If you ever need a back-up scope I know where you could purchase one cheap .
Old 02-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the board FireMed ! Thanks for the warning. My dealer sells allot of these BSA's and seems to have satisfied customers.I been buying Leupolds the last few years and have been very happy with them.I guess there is good and bad in all brands.Hope you get this straighten out soon. The internet works wonders if you play your cards right.These companies don't want this kind of publicity, if you get my drift.
Ruger Redhawk

..... A Proud NRA Life Member since 1977 .....Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-13-2003, 07:10 AM

I got a BSA scope as well, an illuminated one. Within 2 weeks the little rubber cover over the on switch came off. Now I worry about water getting in it. And, BSA does not warrantee against it comeing off! They said that if it broke, they would replace it, but if it fell off, that is my fault!

Chubber