Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Deer Dirt - Review - UPDATED!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Dirt - Review - UPDATED!

I first read about Deer Dirt (http://www.deerdirt.biz/product.htm) this past summer in one of the popular hunting mags (North American Whitetail maybe?) and thought the product sounded pretty good. In the magazine article, the author makes a mock scrape in the middle of a field that he hadn't seen much deer in and puts a camera on the scrape. And low and behold, the site becomes grand central station with multiple buck visits. Sounds good, right? So when I saw the product in Gander Mountain, I decided to give it try.

I first put the Deer Dirt out one week ago (Oct 27th) on a trail I had a game camera on for the last month or so. The bucks in my area are in the pre rut and I am starting to see scape lines over the last week. At this particular spot, I had been getting a lot of does on camera, but almost no bucks at all. There are a lot of bucks in this area, they just don't seem to visit this feeder that much.

So I made my mock scrape and waited for the results. Unfortunately the results were disappointing. Over the last week, the camera recorded 187 pictures. Not a single buck in the group. The does didn't seem all that interested in the scape either.

So the results aren't looking good for Deer Dirt. But before I give my final opinion on this product, I'll give it a couple of more weeks. I would also like to try it in an already established scape to see if it increases the activity.

Stay tuned.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Dirt - Review

Week two of the Deer Dirt Test (Dominant Buck formula).

After 2 weeks of using this product, it has been a major disappointment. When I checked the site yesterday, the mock scrape was covered in leaves. The website claims that it is guaranteed to last a minimum of 30 days.

What's worse is that there is now a real newly made scrape about 40 yards away (behind camera). Furthermore, I finally have a couple of bucks visit the area, but they have ignored the mock scrap with the deer dirt in it altogether. They were only interested in the nearby corn.

My grade on this product: F

Has anyone had success with this product?

Old 11-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting and the follow up. If we each did 1 review we would have a good idea on what works and what doesn't.
Good Job.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:26 PM

Great review. Too bad the product dosent work well.