Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Treestand Help

Old 11-12-2007, 04:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default Treestand Help

I have a Hunter's View treestand now. It is ok, except the sheathing on the cable has split. Is that safe? The crack is very narrow. Unfortunately, it is slow to setup and kind of noisy. Seems like it takes the woods a while to "recover" after setting up and climbing into the tree. It is pretty quiet after that.

So, I'm maybe in the market for a new sitting climber for crossbow hunting. What do you use? Do you like it? Is it quick? Is it quiet? If so, where do I find the company online?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 AM

Default RE: Treestand Help

I dont own any climbers, so i cant reccomend one. BUT the plastic sheath around the cable cracking is OK. This typically happens when cable with a hard (black?) plastic coating has seen some exposure to the elements. Unfotuneately, this also probably means that the cable inside of the sheath is not stainless or too corrosion resistant. SO...keep an eye on it. As long as the metal cable is intact (not rotted out) and properly hooked up, you should be alright. Hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Treestand Help

Summit Viper,

You WILL love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!