Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

timbertall climbers?

Old 06-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default timbertall climbers?

I was reading Petersons bowhunting and they had a smalll rigth up on the Babylight climber by timbertall...only 11 lbs. Does anyone know anything about theres... and Does anyone bow hunt with a climber that has a metal bar across the front?
Old 06-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: timbertall climbers?

Don't know anything about the Timbertall's but I use an Equalizer climber when bowhunting, it has a bar across the front.
Once I am at my desired height, I lower the climber enough that it is out of the way of the bottom of my bow and have not had any issues.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:14 PM

Default RE: timbertall climbers?

I met the guys at the Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo this spring. Buddy of mine wanted to check them out, and I ended up being the one to buy one. Haven't had the chance to use it in real life, but tried it at their display and found them very comfortable and light weight. I'm afairly large guy (6'6" and 260 lbs), and the biggest stand they had still came in under 20 lbs.The biggest selling point for me was the adjustablity of the climber and stand once you've reached your stand height. It has 5" of adjustment built in. Can't tell you the number of times I've either had to climb back down and readjust the angle or else set there wondering if the whole thing was coming down or not. Price was a little on the high side, but in reality what's safety really worth?