Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 TimberTall climbing stands >

TimberTall climbing stands

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

TimberTall climbing stands

Old 02-05-2004, 08:47 PM

Default TimberTall climbing stands

Has anyone tried these stands? I need to know what are the pro's and cons on this stand any help would be helpful. Thnaks.

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)[8D]
Old 02-06-2004, 06:18 AM

Default RE: TimberTall climbing stands

I'd be interested in hearing some replies too.An 11-14lbs climber sounds good to me...Bob
Old 02-06-2004, 08:08 AM

Do a search, these stands have been discussed several times over the last year, you will get the info you need.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:59 AM
Spike

I bought a TimberTall Brute this year. Its the best climber I've ever had. Better than my Loggy and better than my Summit Revolution (I sold both of them). Very light, very stable. All climbers make a little noise but this one is quieter than my Summit or Loggy (quieter than my Baker too )

The self leveling system is excellent. I would suggest that you err on the side of starting with the stand a little tight on the tree and that way its much easier and faster to unthread the self leveling knob than to thread it in.

It packs together nice and tight (I did brush on some rubber coating here and there for extra quieting when putting the climber and platform together, but I'm particular about noise).

Just go ahead and replace the seat. It is not comfortable. I put a nice cushioned seat on and new back pack straps.

I was initially concerned that the platform cross bars were too far apart but I found that that was not the case. I replaced the climbing band adjusting screws with lynch pins for speed and quieting (again). I checked with TimberTall and they don't recommend this due to concerns of the pins pulling out, but the pins I use are really secure and I feel comfortable with them (I bought them from another stand manufacturer).

Great product.