Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

trail cams?

Old 04-14-2007, 09:42 AM

Default trail cams?

I am an outfitter in wyoming and was interested in getting some trail cameras for mule deer, whitetails, elk and what ever else comes by. We don't have as tight of trails out in the country like eastern whitetails. How far do these cameras take good pictures and what are good, decent cameras. I am just starting out and don't have lots of money. I was looking at the moultrie cameras, decent price. Anybody use these or what would you recomend?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trail cams?

The Moultrie has a very poor flash distance and in most instances you really do get what you pay for when it comes to trail cams. I've tried dozens of different trail cams and the best units I've found are from Cam Trakker but the Cuddeback and Leaf River models have also been pretty good. For you needs and not wanting to spend anymore money that you have to then I's suggest you take a serious look at the Leaf River Digital models.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trail cams?

If you are putting the cam over a feeding area, then the moultrie is great! In fact, the new line of moultries are suppose to have a one second trigger time. I don't know how well the flash distance is suppose to be one the new moultrie trail cams. You can see the new moultrie cams at cabelas.com and chasingame.com is probably the place to go for trail cam reviews.