Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Car rack???

Old 04-29-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Car rack???

I no longer have a truck with a bed and wanted to know if anybody makes a rack for cars/SUVs without a bed. Something that I can carry a kill out to the butchers with.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Car rack???

If you have a receiver hitch you can use a Hitch n Haul or similar product. I use one for my wife's van. You can buy these at Wal-Mart.

Loading a deer or other big game animal into a truck bed or suv can be a real chore by yourself. With a reciever mounted hauler you can pull the deer right onto it with just a piece of rope or your deer drag. If you need to get it into the bed its a piece of cake from there.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

if its got a hitch receiver your good. if not put one on and get a hitch hauler. i have the steel one but the aluminum one is much lighter and wont rust. i wrap the deer in a cheap blue tarp and stretch a couple bungee cords around it into a tortilla to keep the road dust out---http://www.dmartstores.com/hil5alcacain.htmlcheck------------------also http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/liquidorange/9ad713ff.jpg
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...4887&Nty=1
Old 05-05-2007, 03:02 PM

What about a sedan? I have to wait to get an Explorer Sports Trac, so now I'm dealing with a 2-door Grand Am. I'm thinking about wrapping the deer in a tarp and a blanket, and throwing it up on my trunk. I'm thinking that if I throw some rope and bungy cords around it and around the trunk it should hold. My spoiler in the back should hold tight too. Any thoughts?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

should work if its not a big deer. blood will eat into paint and work a smell into your carpet if you put the deer in your trunk. just go down to u-haul or pep boys and get a hitch receiver put on and get a carrier. check the junk yards. if you got a uni-bit and a drill you can make holes to fit your vehicle with a little know how.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 PM

Ive done the putting a deer in the trunk/backseat thing. It works good if you have a tarp with no holes to wrap it up in. Just wrap it up where the blood cant drain out into your car and youll be fine. Also make sure the deer is dead. I saw pics of a guy had a deer he thought was dead in the back of his jeep and it came back to life on him driving down the road. The rack of the deergot stuck in the steering wheel. It was kinda funny seeing the pics of it.