Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge?

Old 01-20-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Tree Lounge?

Would anyone who has hunted from a tree lounge let me know what the think and about the value for the money?

I've watched all the promo videos and I'm thinking about saving up for one, but I don't know if they're worth it. I hunt public land, so if the TreeLounge is as portable and easy to use as they make it seem, it would be great, but I would like some opinions of real hunters not paid by the company!

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Tree Lounge?

ORIGINAL: djschuett

Would anyone who has hunted from a tree lounge let me know what the think and about the value for the money?

I've watched all the promo videos and I'm thinking about saving up for one, but I don't know if they're worth it. I hunt public land, so if the TreeLounge is as portable and easy to use as they make it seem, it would be great, but I would like some opinions of real hunters not paid by the company!

Thanks!

DJ, I have had the old style for over 15yrs and I really like them, but many people don't! I don't like the New Style.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've hunted for years with the old style Treelounge. The one drawback that I have with the bowhunting platform is that you are out, away from the tree. That said, I would not trade mine for any other! One thing about the Treelounge is that people either love'em, or hate 'em! Keep an eye out and you might find a good deal on a used one from someone who hates 'em!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Thanks guys!

Anyone know any of the reasons why some people who don't like 'em?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: djschuett

Thanks guys!

Anyone know any of the reasons why some people who don't like 'em?
Some say they are heavy, some say they are noisy, some say they are heavy & noisy. I have beencarrying mine for over 15yrs and it's not heavy to me. By using bungy cords on the frame, it will deaden any noise.

What you have to ask anyone is, which Tree Stand can climb a Steel Pole and hold without Slipping....Tree Lounge. WhichTree Stand can support 1,700 pds with no problem.....Tree lounge. Which Tree Stand can be used for dressing your game.....Tree Lounge. Which Tree Stand can be used as a Lounger 2" off the ground in camp....Tree Lounge. Which Tree Stand can you add wheels to transport your game....Tree Lounge.

Can you quess what Tree StandI use?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Fork Horn

I have had one for about 10 years now. They are by far the most comfortable stand in my opinion. They may be a bit heavy, but if you get a nice pair of carry straps for it, they aren't bad at all. I added some tape and foam to mine to silence it. I wish the bowhunter platform was a little bigger. I'll admit I've nodded off in my lounge a few times but I would have to say they are the safest stand on the market. I've sat in mine for up to 7 hours, no problem. I have taken 9 deer out of my Tree Lounge. 4 of my hunting buddies own Tree Lounges as well, so you can see they are very comfortable.
If you look around you can find the original model pretty reasonable. The new model is a little pricey. I'm sure you'll love once you get one.

Mike
Old 01-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

To me they are too big and stand way out on the tree, very noticable to humans and deer imo. As mentioned the bow plateform extends way out there, wasn't a problem when I was 20 somethingbut as I got older it became an issue for me. Undoughtedly the most comfortable stand I ever used. If I gun hunted I would still use it but bowhunting it scares me standing out there on that plateform now.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:44 AM

I dont like being that far out from the tree...but I feel very very safe in a Tree Lounge. I borrowed an older model to try out when thinking of buying one. Compared to some of the other new climbers on the market...it is abit heavier...but thats like a 3/4 Chevy to a S10. The S10 may be lighter and easier to get around but it cant handle a load nothin nowhere near like that big 3/4 ton. But if in a stand a good while,man they are comfy!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

the new models you can get a rail that goes around you. the bow platform is springy and takes alittle getting use to . one thing you need to plan on is that when you bring in any climber you have your work cut out for you. finding the right size tree and taper as well as getting a tree that has some cover. if you plan on hunting all day and you get the wheel kit for it. you will have a great set up. you can bring all your gear and packs and deer strapped to it and wheel it out. this takes some practie and is some work. if you plan on just jumping in on a hunting spot and hunting a couple hours here and there you might want to look at a lighter stand.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Reb just about covered all the "dis-like" issues! Weight, noise, sticking out away from the tree!
To me, weight is not any worse! A little heavy, but compact!
Noisey, nothing that a little set-up practice can't cure! I've had deer walk right under me while climbing before!
Most important for me are safety, and comfort. You can find safety , and you can find comfort with other stands, but I doubt that you can find safety AND comfort that matches the level of the old Treelounge!

Quick Reply: Tree Lounge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.