Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge?

Old 01-21-2007, 03:14 PM

Default RE: Tree Lounge?

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Some say they are heavy, some say they are noisy, some say they are heavy & noisy. I have beencarrying mine for over 15yrs and it's not heavy to me. By using bungy cords on the frame, it will deaden any noise.

What you have to ask anyone is, which Tree Stand can climb a Steel Pole and hold without Slipping....Tree Lounge. WhichTree Stand can support 1,700 pds with no problem.....Tree lounge. Which Tree Stand can be used for dressing your game.....Tree Lounge. Which Tree Stand can be used as a Lounger 2" off the ground in camp....Tree Lounge. Which Tree Stand can you add wheels to transport your game....Tree Lounge.

Can you quess what Tree StandI use?
I only weigh 200lbs and there aren't a lot of steel poles in the woods where I hunt, but that is good to know

Thanks all for the info and opinions! Sounds like its time to start hitting up ebay and look for a good priced on a used model.

Has anyone ever had the urge to bring their tree lounge to the beach in the summer and climb up a telephone pole and just chill? I had a dream last night that I did that... note to self; no more Busch light before bed.[8D]
Old 01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before you buy a TL checkout the Gunslingers http://www.jrhsport.com/

I've had a Treelounge since 1993. I used it for years and liked it. About 5 +years ago TL came out with a lighter model with semi rounded extrusions.That thing was a death trap.Mine broke loose when I was coming down and slipped about 4' before recatching the tree. Treelounge did replace it with another new model. It was constantly wanting to slip.I contacted the TMA and with their help TL sent another one with the squared extrusions. I never used it and gave it to a friend who needed a climber.I haven't used my old TL for several years since I bought a couple of Gunslingers.I still have my old TL just in case. I doubt I'll ever use it again.The lighter model was design when Rhrett Spivia (sp?) when he bought TL from Bob Hice. Bob Hice bought it back a few years back. Bob right away went back to his original design of the squared extrusions.There is no way I would ever use another TL with the semi rounded material.Make sure you use your safety belt especially with the lighter version.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: djschuett

I only weigh 200lbs and there aren't a lot of steel poles in the woods where I hunt, but that is good to know
That was to justshow what no other Climberon market can do! Like Ruger mentioned, I'm talking about the Square Tubing model. I have never used the Round Tubing model.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

[/quote]

That was to justshow what no other Climberon market can do! Like Ruger mentioned, I'm talking about the Square Tubing model. I have never used the Round Tubing model.
[/quote]

RH ,count your blessings.I was up over 20' when mine slipped.Quite a feeling.My back hurt for days after the slip.The stand was bent badly.I can't remember who it was on this site but they had a similar situation.Another thing I never liked about a TL is the turning around.A TL would definately not be my first choice in a climber.I might add my early model TL never had the slightest slip.That lighter semi rounded TL really soured me. I just don't trust them anymore.
Nuff said.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Old 01-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw your topic and wanted to chime in, I fell about 10 feet in a TL. I do not trust them. I use a Summit Goliath, and feel very safe. The TL just didn't catch the tree.That's my expirence.
Trae
Old 01-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

RH ,count your blessings.I was up over 20' when mine slipped.Quite a feeling.My back hurt for days after the slip.The stand was bent badly.

Ruger Redhawk
Frank, that's the new design, Right? Like I mention in my first Post..."I don't Like The New Style". Been usingthe old stylesince 1993 and so farnever slipped. I weight over 200 pds and I have no problems climbing or turning in the TL... I don't Bow hunt, so I don't use the Bow attachment.

Another thing, I use a 1" ratchet belt to secure the TL at the angle of 45* to the tree. I carry asmall Craftsman Inclination Gauge in my pack.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is the older model too! If I remember right, it holds over 1000 pounds on a smooth steel pole! I've never had a problem with mine!
Old 01-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Mine is the older model too! If I remember right, it holds over 1000 pounds on a smooth steel pole! I've never had a problem with mine!
1,700 pds of construction blocks ona slingattached to the TL.Jag, as long as you have it at 45* and secured for added safety at 45*, it will never slip!I don't know what the New Model will do, but I don't like them!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have 2 models. the older sqare version and the half rounded lighter version they came out with. the rounded version is so light that if you dont put your full weight on it going from foot climber to the lounge itself it seems a little bit more prone to slide quicker. also when you lean to the left or to the right it shifts a tiny bit but nothing that feels unsafe. i did try using my square back bar on the rounded version and it seamed more solid. the other thing on the ronded version is when you done climbimg and sit in it its harder to push it full open than the square tube. all in all i havent had any problems with either model but i would get there latest square version if it were me.

Quick Reply: Tree Lounge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.