Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge?

Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tree Lounge?

RH, that is closer to what I thought, but with this age, comes forgetfulness!!! So I did not want to over-state the capacity! One thing I remember is I would not want ol' Martha, err Margret shooting at me!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Man, have you seen her pictures lately? Wow , she has aged!

Hey, I remember when she use to shoot a 7mmMag at 350 and 400yds. Have you ever seen their video "Moonshine Island"? I bought it back in the 90's and still have it. I also have the Margret Sniper Shack for my TL.I have all the accessories. Accept the Bow attachment!

Ivisited the plant in Cummings in the 90's on our way to NW NC. Bob had a good product until he sold it to that Imbasil!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog
I remember when she use to shoot a 7mmMag at 350 and 400yds. Have you ever seen their video "Moonshine Island"?
I have a couple of their vidios! I don't recall but one or two of her deer that ever took a step after her shot! I have not seen her in a long time, she has got to have aged, she was old in Moonshine Island!

Again, to answer this thread, I would not pass on an older model Treelounge! You would just about have to force yourself to fall out of one, and I have never had mine slip on me!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

RH ,count your blessings.I was up over 20' when mine slipped.Quite a feeling.My back hurt for days after the slip.The stand was bent badly.

Ruger Redhawk
Frank, that's the new design, Right? Like I mention in my first Post..."I don't Like The New Style". Been usingthe old stylesince 1993 and so farnever slipped. I weight over 200 pds and I have no problems climbing or turning in the TL... I don't Bow hunt, so I don't use the Bow attachment.

Another thing, I use a 1" ratchet belt to secure the TL at the angle of 45* to the tree. I carry asmall Craftsman Inclination Gauge in my pack.
RH.Yeah it's the new design semi rounded that gave all the trouble.Bob saw right through the design of it. The TL Levelers were another joke from Rhett.

Speaking of Margret aging. We went to Buck -a-Rama last August(?) in Perry Georgia.Margret was there sitting in a treelounge.I would have neverknown her if she hadn't had a name badge on.After seeing the badge I realized it was the famous Margret Hice.Time takes it's toll on all of us.It was a shame that Bob and Margret built a nice company and then selling it to a guy who ruined it.It will take along time for people to gaintrust inTreeLounge again.I know I would never buy another one.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Spike

i have one i hunted with for 2 yrs. i find its too heavy,i would like to sell mine if you're interrested
Old 02-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

the most comfortable stand on the market. bar none.

its like sitting in a recliner 25' up a tree.

wouldnt trade mine for the world.

how much you lookin to sell yours for david?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had one ( old style )and sold it, and bought a Summit. It was extremely heavy and awkward to try to get through the woods with. It was very very noisy, not to carry, but to put together. If you try putting one together in the dark of the morning, when the woods are very quiet, you will understand. It was a very comfortable stand though, once you were up in place, but so is my Summit and it is much lighter and quieter!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:05 PM

i have one i love it for hunting but not getting way back in the woods with it because its just bulky
Old 02-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys check this climber out.I have two of these and haven't used the Treelounge but maybe once since getting the Gunslingers.
http://www.jrhsport.com/

I never tried the Combow. I can speak for the Gunslingers.I've shot 10 deer out of it in the last two years.Never again a regular Treelounge user.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

Guys check this climber out.I have two of these and haven't used the Treelounge but maybe once since getting the Gunslingers.
http://www.jrhsport.com/

I never tried the Combow. I can speak for the Gunslingers.I've shot 10 deer out of it in the last two years.Never again a regular Treelounge user.

Ruger Redhawk
Hey Frank, going to check it out!

AH,I see you moved!

Quick Reply: Tree Lounge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.