Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Arctic Shield Boot Insulators

Old 11-11-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Arctic Shield Boot Insulators

Has anyone used the Arctic Shield Boot Insulators? I was considering trying them this year for Ohio deer gun season. I would mostly being usng them while standing on the ground. I normally wear the following footwear: sock liner, heavy SmartWool sock, and a pair of 600 gram Thinsulate insulated boots.

I usually have to walk a long distance to get to my destinations. My feet will overheat. Would the boot insulators still work? Or do I have to change my socks too.

Seems like I'm always trying something to keep my feet warm.

Overall: Should I try them or not?

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:42 PM

Default RE: Arctic Shield Boot Insulators

smstewart,

I have a pair of these and they work GREAT. The key is to put them on immediatelyafter you sit. The heat generated from walking to your stand will actually radiate andheat up the insulators. I tried to use these one time after I sat for awhile when my feet got cold. It was too late, didn't work at all. Hope this helps.

Regards,

BWjohnny
Old 11-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is my take on it. if you have poor circulation or sitting for hours the blood aint moving so no matter how much you cover i still get cold feet.i bought the cabelas boot blankets and there still in the package 6 seasons later.im anti bringing extra stuff out with me to my stands. now using pack boots with good wool socks and you slam one of those chemical heat warmers in the boot not next to your skin though and your cooking!
Old 11-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

If you want to keep your feet warm without a lot of bulky materal, try these. I've used them for years and the weather just don't get too cold for my feet. www.buddybo.com
BBO
Old 11-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I use them. Bigwap is right...The key is to put them on as soon as you get in your stand, BEFORE your feet get cold. It's kind of hard for me to put them on while in the tree stand, next time I'm going to see if I can put them onwhile onthe ground and see it I can climb with them. Probably can because they are so thin.