Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Are the Arctic Shield Boot Covers......... >

Are the Arctic Shield Boot Covers.........

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Are the Arctic Shield Boot Covers.........

Old 12-07-2003, 12:16 PM

Default Are the Arctic Shield Boot Covers.........

Are the Arctic Shield Boot Covers hard to put on when you are up in your treestand??

Will they still keep your feet warm even if you have mud on your boots?

Will they still keep your feet warm even if your feet are wet?

Tell me anything you think I need to know about them.....Thanks
Old 12-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are the Arctic Shield Boot Covers.........

I bought a set last year off of ebay. I used them for the first time last week. My feet did not get cold at all. The temp was only down to about 24 though. Can't speak for wet or muddy conditions as the day I tried them on it was cold and dry. I put them on in the treestand without much problem. I am pretty impressed with them. I would suggest buying them off ebay....I got mine for 19 bucks shipped....less than half of what Bass Pro wants for them.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:41 AM

If it's warm enough to be muddy and your feet are still getting cold you need better boots!
Old 12-19-2003, 02:51 AM

These are very easy to use. I garantee the work great. At hunting shows they stick folks feet in dryice with nothing but booties on. They work well.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have them and like them just fine. I would suggest ordering one size larger than you think you need. It can be a pain putting them on over heavy pac boots or something similar. They do claim you can wear lighter boots than usual which would make putting them on easier. If you just use them as designed (when on stand) they should last a long time.
HTH
Old 12-19-2003, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would say "yes" to all of your questions. I am very impressed with the pair I purchased this year.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

How are they for hunting in a slippery tree stand (ice/snow).
Old 12-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

I also used them this year in about 16-22 degree weather. I wore lighter Rocky boots and my feet stayed very warm. The only problem with them is they are big and loud. It was hard for me to get into position to take a shot with them on without making noise. I think for next year I am going to glue mole skin or something like that on the bottoms. I also like to turn sideways on my stand to shoot and because of their size it was a little difficult to do so.

Definitely get one size bigger than your pac boots.

Cybersniper
Old 12-22-2003, 07:11 AM
yoz

They are AWSOME I put them on up in my tree stand and they work great. I've used them with mud snow etc. One tip is to make sure you put them on as soon as you get settled in because if you allow your feet to get cold first and then put them on they will not work as well.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:53 PM

I would agree with this. Once your feet are already cold, I didn't notice that they helped much. I think the trick to keeping your feet warm is to keep them DRY! If my feet were sweaty once I got in the stand, then my feet still got cold even with the covers.

I also have had problems with them brushing against the tree stand cables and making noise. When you move around in the stand (say when standing up and turning around), just watch your feet as you move.

DM

ORIGINAL: yoz
One tip is to make sure you put them on as soon as you get settled in because if you allow your feet to get cold first and then put them on they will not work as well.

Quick Reply: Are the Arctic Shield Boot Covers.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.