Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Arctic Shield Boot Covers

Old 12-29-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Arctic Shield Boot Covers

I am going to order a pair of Arctic Shield Boot Covers. I wear a size 9 boot. I plan to put them over a pair of Rocky Snowstalkers. The mediums are supposed to be for size 8-9. I'm wondering if the mediums will be large enough to go over a size 9 Snowstalker which is a fairly large boot to start with. Anyone else have experience with the Boot Covers and how the sizing runs in them?
Old 12-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arctic Shield Boot Covers

I wear a 9 1/2 myself. I've got a pair of the Arctic Shield boot covers in the next bigger size, like 11-13 I think and these fit my Lacrosse Expedition pac boots about right. So, If I were you I'd go up to the next bigger size. Getting them too snug will help to defeat the purpose. Loose fitting is better.

By the way, I've only needed mine one time. I was on stand last year for about 4 hours when the temp was about 10 degrees. I got pretty chilly, but my feet never really bothered me. I haven't needed them this year yet.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:53 AM

I've been thinking of buying a pair also. Let me know how they work out for you. I won't need them untill next hunting season, so I've got a little time to look around for other options.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:28 PM

I have the bigger, bulky ones and they work great! I have major problems with my feet getting cold and these allow me to sit on stand all day. Only drawback is the bulkiness.

This year I bought the scaled down version of them, so they wouldn't be so bulky in stand. They are still nice, but I wish they were made out of much quieter material. They are pretty loud.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

They work great! In fact, I normally wear Rocky Snowstalker Extreme for the late season but with the AS boot covers I can hunt in my LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sports! I do suggest buying the largest avaiable size though because it will be a very tight squeeze over different tread designs of some boots.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:51 AM

Just got a look at manufacturer recommendation-they say you should size up 1-1 1/2 boot sizes
Old 01-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go with the large size fits 10-11
You'll save the trouble of returning them.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:45 PM

Thanks gents! I guess I will go with the size Large (10-11) for my Rocky Snowstalkers. I have a real problem with my feet getting cold, hope the AC boot covers help out!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Typical Buck

Great product All it takes is 1 cold day on-stand or in a blind for them to be well worth the investment. Though I, too, wish they were a bit more quiet in the woods.

Good advice on going with the larger size.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:57 AM

I purchased a pair this past year.I purchased by mail and hadn't had the oppportunity to feel them.I am dissapointed in their crunchiness.I willnot wear them. If anyone has had good experience with them or doesn't mind the noise email me.They are size 11 to 13.

Quick Reply: Arctic Shield Boot Covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.