Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Having trouble getting hogs out during the day >

Having trouble getting hogs out during the day

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Having trouble getting hogs out during the day

Old 12-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Having trouble getting hogs out during the day

A friendly neighber down the street is having some difficulty with the hogs on her property. She is very specific that she does not want dogs running them, and no gunshots before dawn or after dusk. Basically, I'm left with hunting them in the morning, evening, or during the day. The property that they are tearing up is about a 5 acre loamy field. I have thrown corn and other attractants out and the pigs are hittingthem real hard, but only at night. Does anybody have any ideas or possibilities for getting the hogs to come out at dawn, dusk, or even during the middle of the day? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Having trouble getting hogs out during the day

Hogs have internal clocks that work like Swiss precision time pieces. They get used to being able to feed at certain times. So.....take a feeder out there and set it up to throw corn 30 minutes after daybreak, and 30 minutes before sunset. It will take them a little while to learn the times. The trick is to throw about a pound each spin. If she has a small population of pork then it will take them a while to become competitive. If she has a lot of hogs it will happen real quick. The hogs will be coming to the feeder about 15minutes before it goes off. This does not work at high noon though unless they are starving to death.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Having trouble getting hogs out during the day

thanx for the advice. I guess i need to go get another feeder. I was hoping I wouldnt need another one to get the job done, but I guess I'll have too.