Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Feeder Question

Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Feeder Question

Do you think my moultrie feeder with 36" stakes will keep hogs from tipping the feeder over?
Old 04-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Feeder Question

It should be enough depending on how well the ground holds up, if you continue to have problems you can put a feed pen around your feeder to keep them from getting to it. Thats what I do, but I have my pen set up where it will still throw corn on the outside to attract the hogs....I do still like sticking the pigs too!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Best bet would be to drive "T" posts into the ground and wire the legs to the "T" post.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:29 PM

i dont even stake my feeders down ive never had a problem with it but cows on the other hand have tore my feeder up
Old 04-05-2008, 05:29 PM

I have had tripod feeders chained to trees and still had the hogs take running starts and knock the legs off of them. Found legs on the ground and a feeder upside down chained to a tree with the spinner ripped off. I have been fighting this battle for a long time. The only sure fire way I have found if to just put steel eyelets at the top and hang it. The t posts do work pretty well, but down here in Florida I have my feeders in some really muddy places and even they don't hold. The coons "can" get to hanging feders though so make sure to get a spinner with some sort of critter guard.