Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 First time Hogger looking for advice >

First time Hogger looking for advice

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

First time Hogger looking for advice

Old 12-31-2007, 07:10 AM

Default First time Hogger looking for advice

I have heard my buddies rave over the thrill of hog hunting and want to give it a whirl. I would like to film and shoot out of my double bull blind using my bow(similar to what I hear is common in TX).I am targeting this spring.
Is there any recommendations for such a setup near the midwest ( Michigan/Ohio???) I need to break up the lull I have between Turkey hunting and Elk/Bear in september.
Any and all recommendations are appreciated.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First time Hogger looking for advice

Just to keep in mind we want be opening this spring but October 1 2008.WE are taking our first group of hunters. I will be using Double bull blinds for some of our hunts . We will be offering Pure European wild boars. We offer 3 different hunts. We do not have any feral hogs here. Just the pure thing. If you want a mean hot tempered boar with some large tusk then we can supply that for you. We are located in Northwest Georgia. Our hunts are guranteed and as natural as it can be to hunt these boars.We dont run them out of pens here when you arrive in the blind. You will see a range of boars from 200lbs to 500lbs with tusks around 2 to 6 inches. If you want an exciting hunt and an Trophy to mount this is a hunt you want regret doing. RAGING BOAR RANCH .if YOU LIKE GIVE US A CALL 706-936-3123 OWNER TERRY JARRARD
Old 12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First time Hogger looking for advice

Hey Terry , just how many acres is your ranch???