Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Best broadheads for boars

Old 12-22-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Best broadheads for boars

I have never hunter boars with the bow. What broadhead do you recommend is the best for hunting hogs? My bow is set at 65lbs, and the usual distance is 5-35yds from set blind.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Best broadheads for boars

Old 12-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would use my Muzzy 100's....
Old 12-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Any broadhead that is Cut on contact(Muzzy Phantoms)... in my opinion , I would not use mech's on hogs..
Old 12-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Muzzy Phantom Broadheads

I love the way my Muzzy 220 grians fly. Ask Rloving on the site, he saw the exit wound on a deer I shot it them. I shoot 58 pounds, 28 inch arrow, 543 total grians with an FOC of 21 %.

That's just my preference, still like everyone said, go with cut on contact heads.

What's up Dale, haven't seen you here in a while?
Old 12-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Rev, I have been filming for BHNA and a participant on another show called Noc-it-up archery challenge, so its been pretty wild trying to jugle work into that equation...now I'm thinking aobut moving into the freelance filming part of hunting for individuals..
Old 12-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds great. I went to work for a customer of mine and now I fly all over the country. My job is getting in the way of hunting and 3D.. But I do manage to squeeze in a little archery, and I mean a little.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think that Muzzy head even knew it hit that deer...only tacked him 35 yards and found him! If I ever get around to mounting broadheads I'm gonna go with them! Not just cause my hero The Rev say so either.Proper arrow placement I don't see why they wouldn't make a pass through on a hog!
Old 12-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

I don't think that Muzzy head even knew it hit that deer...only tacked him 35 yards and found him! If I ever get around to mounting broadheads I'm gonna go with them! Not just cause my hero The Rev say so either.Proper arrow placement I don't see why they wouldn't make a pass through on a hog!

Your too kind little feller... I'll make sure when I send you those Bowtech Decals that I autograph some of em for ya. I might even send ya an 8 x 10 glossy of me to hang on your bathroom mirror, just to give you some inspiration in the mornings. That is,the mornings you take a bath.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

If you really want to know what the best broadheads for hogs or just about anything, it's a rage 2 blade. I've heard so much BS about how they don't work on hogs and never to use amechanical on a hog but the rage is the BEST broadhead for hogs. The reason why is that if you make a bad shot on a big boar and hit him right in that armored plate like I have done before, there is still a 2 inch entry wound that will leave a massive blood trail. Here's a few sows I took a while back with them and they ran about 30 yards each....

Quick Reply: Best broadheads for boars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.