Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Florida Green Swamp HOGS!

Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Florida Green Swamp HOGS!

What gives? I treked out to Green Swamp this past week for a couple days of hog hunting. Green Swamp's always been said to hold a good # of hogs, some saying the best WMA for hogs in Central Florida. Well, First off....new to the forum....lots of good info here! Back to the topic....i drove and walked that place over, seeing the road sides looking like a bulldozer came thru! tracks everywhere (((swear they pay someone with a hog print stamper to travel the roadside, stamping away during the night timehrs! lol)))..... i never heard, never seen one...both dang days.....i know it gets pressure but mannnn....Couldnt believe the hog traffic but nothing! Not many taken out either, think it was around 12 hogs and 3 deer for a week and halfperiod of time and this includes the 1st week permit only hunt.. WHERE ARE THESE TUSKY SUCKERS HID'N? lmao![&:]
Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida Green Swamp HOGS!

This doesn't include the count at the Rd #471 gate which is usually higher.....

Green Swamp update..
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 PM

That was going to be my next question..... i couldnt see that being all taken out of Green Swamp! I usually go in 471 but this yr decided to take Rockridge Rd. in....... I was wondering if the different entrances coordinate on a daily basis or if its just what has come out their own gates. THANKS
Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jlbspd

That was going to be my next question..... i couldnt see that being all taken out of Green Swamp! I usually go in 471 but this yr decided to take Rockridge Rd. in....... I was wondering if the different entrances coordinate on a daily basis or if its just what has come out their own gates. THANKS
Each gate has it's own count.....Chuck7 is there often!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:59 PM

Ok....thanks for the info.... so now,,,,,,,,,,where are the dang hogs? !!!! lol, seen lots of turkeys, water moccasins and bobcats....no deer,no hogs. I usually see quite a few doe bedded downapprox 100 yrds in, all up and down 471 during the daylight hrs but havent walked that area yet this yr. Powder had lots of hog sign but it looked a bit dried out, maybe done just before the season opened.