green swamp wma in florida >

green swamp wma in florida

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

green swamp wma in florida

Old 12-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Spike

Default green swamp wma in florida

this is my first year hunting and i was wondering if you guys could give me any info about this area.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: green swamp wma in florida

WIshed I could help...but I can't ..I practically live there and still don't have it down to a Science..
The answer for me.

1. Scout..scout..scout..the game is nocturnal..you will need to find their living quarters..

THEN...

2. Ask God to bless your efforts..

If He does thank Him..If He doesn't ..thank Him for life and for sending Jesus to save us from Hell,
Merry Christmas
C7
Old 12-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Have fun...
hunt safe.

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-19-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't a quota permit required to hunt there?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Spike

no permit is required after the first 9 days. and chuck7, thanks for all the great info. i am going to start looking on google earth right now.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Dominant Buck

your welcome,

Aslo, there are two entrances..the 471 gate and the Rockridge Gate..

There are twice as many game bagged every year from the 471 gate..If I had to start over I'd probably hunt 471..BUT I've already got my scouting hours in at Rockridge so I will continue there. One could never scout the entire Green Swamp in a life time..It's roughly 25 square miles..
There are some nice deer in there..So far the biggest recorded at Rockridge check station this year has been a field dressed 175 pound 8 point.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Spike

i have hunted from the 471 side one time. i havent seen anything yet. i have a few ares from google earth i need to check out.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Dominant Buck

471 is quite a ways from me and thus the reason I hunt Rockridge.I'm from Lakeland and drive up through Polk City. I recently found a short cut though..and it only takes me 35 minutes..i'm 26 miles from the gate..

One of my spots is nearly a 2 mile walk.[&o]I'll start using my bleat call on Dec. 20th..Right now..I'm taking no calls..I've done best by getting up in the tree and shutting up..Of course the longer you set the bigger chance of scoring..I try to al least go to 11:00 AM ..tomorrow I may shoot for later.
I've also just contacted a John Deere store in Mississippi to buy my favorite climber..I'd like to have 2..because.
a. They are no longer available.
b. To keep from toting them around the swamp..
c. To hunt the best wind advantages..

The stand is Summit's Bullet Backpacker.I already have one and love it..If a person is leary of heights..this is the right stand..

Old 12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Spike

i got a summit goliath climber. i live in lakeland too. i still hunt the 471 side tho. lol
Old 12-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Dominant Buck

That's funny..I just called and ordered my 2nd Summit Bullet Backpackers..{ From a Mississipi feed store..they are hard to find...Ebay has none neither does Bass Pro or Cabelas..

WHat part of Lakeland you from?...I'm from the east side..I teach at Combee Elementary.I'm a 3rd grade teacher..I'm a 1/2 mile from Southeastern University.. a mile and 1/2 from Lake Hollingsworth

Quick Reply: green swamp wma in florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.