Florida Green Swamp Post Here >

Florida Green Swamp Post Here

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Green Swamp Post Here

Old 03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Florida Green Swamp Post Here

Are you folks geared up for the Spring turkey season coming up. I heard ALOT of them on a daily basis. Did you hunt there last year? How did you do? Were there alot of snakes out?
Chuck
Old 03-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida Green Swamp Post Here

Chuck.........quit hunting Green Swamp about 5 years ago....over crowded!!

Good Luck!
Old 03-07-2005, 02:54 PM

Chuck, hunted Green Swamp last year and have permits for both Green Swamp and Green Swamp West this year. Loved the place, but, I'm used to public hunting. Crowds don't bother me. I just want that "chance" at a tom.

Good luck this year, and be safe.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks , I'm a teacher with alot of time built up for hunting. I plan to be out there the tuesday and wednesday after it opens. I got a spike buck out of there last year and a hog 2 years before that. I've heard a ton of turkeys while in my deer stand. This will be my first time turkey hunting in the Green Swamp. I drive a white 2 door Explorer Sport. I may see ya out there.
God Bless,
Chuck
Old 03-09-2005, 01:46 PM

I'll be at Green Swamp Mar 19-20 and Green Swamp West 28-31.

If you remember where you heard the Toms at I'm listening.

We, (my kids grandfather and I), will be driving a white van nick named "Turkey Van". Plan on camping out at the gate. We go on the cheap, but have a great time.[:-]
Old 03-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Well buddy, the turkeys are kinda of a secret. I spend a ton of time out their scouting. I'm taking a disabled man out there this year to an easier spot., but my good spot is thick and snakey. It's nice that the camping is free. I may do some myself. I've got the money to update but I also try to keep it simple.too. I do side jobs to buy my hunting and fishing stuff. Do you bass fish.? Some friends of mine are having a little bass tounamennt on the 19th. Only 15.00 entry for biggest bass.
Chuck
Old 03-10-2005, 11:19 AM

Yes sir I do bass fish but not on the 19th. I'll be hip deep in Green Swamp looking and listing for old Tom Turkey. Besides it's a long hull for me. I live all the way south inbetween Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

Plan on going back out tomorrow morning to Bear Island or Turner River Unit. I've got to squeeze in as many days as I can before work gets out of hand.

I don't blame you about keeping your turkey spots a secret, I was just kidding anyway.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate you communicating with me. Have you ever got anything out of the Green Swamp? Do you know when the first day you can hunt if you don't have a Quota. I believe it's the first Monday after the first weekend. I plan to take a few days off in the middle of the week. There will be less hunters. I just checked. You need a quota for the `9th and 20th I believe the game warden told me anyone can hunt after that.
Good luck. Most hunters are successful around the river.
Chuck
Old 03-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I appreciate you communicating with me. Have you ever got anything out of the Green Swamp? Do you know when the first day you can hunt if you don't have a Quota. I believe it's the first Monday after the first weekend. I plan to take a few days off in the middle of the week. There will be less hunters. I just checked. You need a quota for the `9th and 20th I believe the game warden told me anyone can hunt after that.
Good luck. Most hunters are successful around the river.
Chuck

Chuck7,
Hunt the river which borders the Overstreet Ranch on the East side of WMA.
You will have to park in the vehicle area and walk the rest of the way.In deer
season get on TANNER ROAD going east towards the RICHLOM fence.The dogs
running RICHLOM will chase the deer over the fence to GREEN SWAMP area.
Green Swamp is 45 mins. from my place, also I pass UPPER HILLSBOROUGH WMA
in PASCO before I get to Green Swamp. Thats in pasco county on the Hillsborough River.
I have taken Turkey there too.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes someone shot the biggest deer in the swamp around that area. I'll look at that area sometime in the future but I've presently got a nice area myself. I'm taking a dissabled man to a place not to far from the check in station where I've heard a few turkeys. My other place I litterally hear them all day. I can't share that information because it's also my best deer spot as well. And you know as well as I do you have to work to get something from the Green Swamp. They don't come easy.
Chuck

Quick Reply: Florida Green Swamp Post Here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.