Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 most shots taken to kill a pig? >

most shots taken to kill a pig?

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

most shots taken to kill a pig?

Old 01-29-2007, 08:13 PM

Default most shots taken to kill a pig?

i have to admit i have taken up to 4 shots on a pig. i am a good shot but it was just one of those days were i couldn't ketch a break.The pig wason a full sprint when i hit it the 2nd time, my last shot finally brought it down at 280 yards.i usually don't take running shots but i had already nicked the lb boar and i didn't want it to suffer to much.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: most shots taken to kill a pig?

When I shoot, ONE! 99% of the time, I use the knife!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

My business partner called me one morning and told me he'd shot a pig. When I got there we looked for it. We couldn't find a blood trail or anything. I asked where he shot it, "I don't know" he replied. He saw the pig limp away. I told him next time to kill it, make it is dead before you call me. He told me he didn't want to waste any meat, I told him, "it's just a hog, kill it!"
He called that night, He said, I have a pig on the ground. When I got there, he had shot it's snot off, one hind leg, and gut shot it at least once... He said, "You told me to kill it" and he did.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

3 piggies, 3 shots,[1 shot each]all dead. 2 at a dead run from about 50 yards with a 22mag. 1 walking at me at 150 yards with 243.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot one once with my 300 wby at a little over 100 yards. I had loaded bonded bullets to keep them from going ballistic. I guess there was too much velocity, the bullet hit a little on the shield and exploded. The 180 grain bullet shattered the whole shoulder and most of the right lung. The hog went down like a rock. I went to check out the hog and it was perfectly alive and breathing out smoke from my first shot. I put three more bullets from the old Wby in its heart and it finally died. They are tough creatures.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Spike

Well to tell the truth I'm so ugly I just look at'em and they drop dead. My girl friend has the same ability but I quit taking her cause she tears the meat up to bad.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

One shot
Old 01-31-2007, 08:35 PM

i shot one in tennessee last saturday. it was my first hog kill. it was only 75 yards when i hit him through both shoulders broadside with a .338 winchester magnum with 200 grain winchester soft points. he took a few steps and i hit him with a second shot, then he turned toward me and started in my direction so i gave him another and he went down. he was still upright though andbreathing, so i "paid the insurance" with one more through the backbone, finishing the job. they are a very tough animal. when he was being skinned it revealed that the first shot had exploded the heart. they can really absorb the lead.