Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Charging hog.  has anyone really ever been charged. >

Charging hog. has anyone really ever been charged.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Charging hog. has anyone really ever been charged.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:49 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Charging hog. has anyone really ever been charged.

My gosh thats an ugly pig.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

My gosh thats an ugly pig.
How about this guy, another imaginary hog shot while on foot. He ran within on foot of me while I was on my knees in CRP grass, but then agian, I take im full of crap.

Wish I had the pic on this computer, but i got a pic of a 300+ one I arrowed after getting it backed up in a draw. Or I mean a pic of an imaginary one
Old 03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Hang on Burnie, forget about the hogs for a minute...."Is that a Chevy you're drivin?"
Old 03-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Garminator

Hang on Burnie, forget about the hogs for a minute...."Is that a Chevy you're drivin?"
Nope, thats my Ford. I got a chevy as well though.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: dhamner

Whether you think they are charging or just running by you scared, I'm not going to be the moron to verify that he is or aint charging me. "he's not chargingjust trying to run by me to get the heck out of Dodge.... I'll just shoot him with my BB gun when he goes by". keep trying that and you'll get got. Let me know how it turns out Tarzan!

Hey dkh, just over look his post. Burnie drinks "Lone Star" long necks and probably had one to many when he posted this.

[/align]
I would have expected more tact from you Reb.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I would have expected more tact from you Reb.

Gosh Burnie, I was just being facetious about it!
Sorry Bro!
[/align]
Old 03-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: dkhamner

I have been charged! It wasa boar that was gut shut and was laying there waiting to die. I walked to him and he got the boost to turn his body, chopping his teeth and ran towards me. I do agree that a hog will usually take the escape rather than charge, but this boar turned and made eye contact with me (about 15 yards away). I was able to get a round in his head and he slid to within 5 feet of me dead.

Sorry fella's but I'm not buyingwhat you said about steppingto the side when a hog is charging you and laying in a field with a rubber band or what ever you do, "Steve Erwin". I live in an area of Texas where we have a astronomical amount of wild hogs. I have seen people charged, know people hospitalized by wild hogs and again been charged myself. My cousin was watering his cows and charged by a sow with babies.

Whether you think they are charging or just running by you scared, I'm not going to be the moron to verify that he is or aint charging me. "he's not chargingjust trying to run by me to get the heck out of Dodge.... I'll just shoot him with my BB gun when he goes by". keep trying that and you'll get got. Let me know how it turns out Tarzan!
Astronomical amount of hogs???? IN Amarillo. I hunt Pampa, Miama (note I spelled it just like they pronounce it), Whitedeer, Canadian, Panhandle, Sundown, Herford, etc. etc. I dont get into the "astronomical amount of hogs" till I get off the caprock. Llano, Dickens county, Baylor county, Motley county, Kent county, Knox county, Haskell county, the hill country (Junction), Where is this astromomical amount of hogs around Amarillo? Please, know who and what you are talking about before you go throwing around unpleasantries.

[/align]
You dont have any friends, do you? I can see why. Take your medication, Kick a poor helpless puppy every now and then and you will be just fine.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:05 PM

Holy crap, Burnie take a chill pill. You ever heard the phrase, stupid is as stupid does. Ignore ingrates. I will agree with your first post. I am 78 years old. I have 2000 acres high fenced. High fenced for my exotics. I'm too old to hunt now, so I like to look out my up stairs window and watch the exotics. The only people to hunt my property is my step son and my two grand sons. I do have hog problems and use to run them with dogs to round them up. Did it for years. Years before they were a problem here in Texas. I have never once been "charged". I will admit that when you got one wounded or trapped, it will do what ever it needs to escape. I have had them knock me over many times, but never stay to gore me. Once they see freedom, they go for it. I have shot hogs as you state. I don't bow hunt, but have shot them with rifles that way. Get them stuck in a draw, they run at the only opening, which I was usually standing in, step to the side orI should say jump to the side,and blam. Some people just like to show their knowledge, or lack of in this case.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Holy crap, Burnie take a chill pill. You ever heard the phrase, stupid is as stupid does. Ignore ingrates.

From one old Fart to another,

Old 03-31-2006, 01:37 PM

I've been charged once, my first time to see a hog. What an intro!!!

I was out for deer & heard it coming right at me in very heavy brush, so I climbed a pine. After a few minutes, I heard it going away, got down & started following it. 20 min later, as I was entering a clearing, I could no longer hear it or see it. I could see the clearing was big enough the hog couldn't have gone beyond it. Just as I figured that out, the hog comes out from behind a tree & charges me.

I made the luckiest shot of my life with a shotgun slug & dropped it. It was still kicking & squealing & I decided to remove the #4 buck rounds (I was out for deer) left in the 1100 & replace them with slugs. Well, I jammed something doing it. A Rem 1100 can be field stripped while juggling parts in your hands & shaking like a leaf- I did it then. After putting another slug in the head I crept up to the hog - very slowly.

When I got there, I saw the first shot did the trick-after field dressing, you could see the brain chamber was empty from the 1st slug going thru.

I got 180 pounds of meat, the hide/head/feet/tail were another 125. The innards were left in the woods. She (sow with milk in one teat) was great eating for a long time.

Quick Reply: Charging hog. has anyone really ever been charged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.