Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Charging hog.  has anyone really ever been charged. >

Charging hog. has anyone really ever been charged.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Charging hog. has anyone really ever been charged.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Charging hog. has anyone really ever been charged.

Thanks Reb and Rev. We had a great funeral for him in Umbarger Tx. last week. It was so unseen. He was only 50 and in pretty good health. Heart attack in the night. Love who you got around because they might not be tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Love who you got around because they might not be tomorrow.

Amen to that.. This Nov. I married a couple. He was 45 and she was 40- something. I got a call in January he had suddenly died of a heart attack at work. Your so right Burine, you never know when one will be called home. First person I had the honor of performing the wedding vows and the funeral.. all with in two months.
Again, sorry brother.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Burnie,
I have been charged by a few, I know of a place near Paducah that a man almost lost a oil lease becouse of them. Ended up placing armed guards on the platforms and putting up big lights around the parking area. He also told me if he could get his cows out of one area he would never let them back in. He said I was crazy for wanting to go hunting on his place.
You wanted to know what I did the first time, lol. Well I tried to grow a tree large enough to get my big but out of its way.LOL. No there was a cattle gate next to me and I went up it. The hog hit it 3 times, enough to let me know it was not afraid of me at all. It turned and went out about 45 yards turned and looked back at me and I dropped him in his tracks with a neck shot. I showed him .
I would tell you that you never know how they are going to act. Run one time, turn on you the next. Just watch out they will hurt you.
Hay, Im going back to O'brian in October, hope to get one of the big boys there. Last one was 450 and he was the smaller of the 4.
Hope this is ok to post if not let me know and I will remove it.
WWW.Brutalboarcreations.com I am a official scorer around here but we could use more help if anyone is interested.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:22 PM

i'm a scorer also
Old 08-23-2006, 06:17 PM

been gone to long nice to see you boys again and sorry for your lose rev.

I would like to tell my charging story. I was charged this weekend 8-19-06 buy a little 100lb boar hog that just thought he was the baddest mofo in the woods. We had killed 6 of his friends and he just wasnt having that. We had shot 1 and had it down on the edge of the sludge pond just over the down crest going away from the water. We walked over to drag it up and heard LOUD ruseling in the mesquete trees. About the time i looked up i saw this little SOB running at us and pushed cliff out of the way and jump I out of the way. The hog ran over the crest back tward the water and i thought all was well.... WRONG!

I started to go make sure he had ran off and heard him runnin tward us AGAIN!, this time i held my ground side steping at the last second and cliff hit the nearest tree. Well i saw him heading straight out and out of sight. We grabed the downed hog and started walking. Then i heard the mesquete trees again... This same hog was charging AGAIN! about 40yards out. I dropped the hog, cliff hit the tree and i pulled my blade. he got close enough and wasnt gonna turn i just stuck my knife under his jaw threw his sternem and into his heart. he went about 30-40 yards and fell over. Was a fun time, If he had been bigger than 100lb i would been in the trees as well =)
Old 08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

burniegoeasily

I thing most the hog charging is just a blind hog on the run.

There is a big dif from charge than running at you. I have had 2 deer charge me. They where car hit and they where in open bean fields. They bouth had 1 eye blind and I am not sure how good they could see from there 2nd eye. But they never ran away just ran over me trying to stick me.I have a 2 in scar on my elbo from a eye gard. They stood there ground to the death,not one time did they turn around to run.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 PM

yes they charge a buddy just got charged yesteday by a 250 or so lb boar knocked him off 4 wheeler turnin it overand he is about 6'1 340lbs
Old 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

On my first hog hunt, there were several of us shooting at a group of hogs out of the bed of one of the ranch pick-ups. One charged the truck and the final shot splattered blood on the driverthrough the open window...