Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

is my .22 enough?

Old 11-23-2005, 08:26 PM

Default RE: is my .22 enough?

ORIGINAL: salty

you will be surprised what a 22 can do when placed properly..
Ya, It is all about placement, not power, but im reffering to a typical lung/heart shot. You can kill anything with a .22 if you hit it right in the eye.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

A 22LR is fine for shooting domestic hogs in the head at close range while they are standing at the feed bucket, but I wouldn't use one to shoot something that can eat you if you piss it off.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

grizzly 190,

As you can see, there's a lot of opinions on the 22 LR for hogs, pro and con. I'll say this, I've killed a number of hogs over the years with the lowly 22 LR. All my shots are behind the ear as others said, I don't care if it's 50 lbs or 400. However, I'm close when I make that shot or I pass.

Heck, I didn't know there was anything else to hunt them with when I grew up. All I had was a 22 or my fathers' old 16 ga 1148 and 00 buck shot. The butcher I take my deer to, to be processed, kills all the hogs brought to himforbutchering with a 22 short, placed behind the ear, and the barrel nearly touching the hog.

So yes, the 22 will kill any hog, but you need to be close and know what you're doing.

dog1
Old 12-04-2005, 08:55 AM

Hello,

Are there hogs/boar on the Alabama-Georgia state line? Just wondering, cause ill be headin over there in a few weeks.

Thank you,
Patrick McGahee