Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON? >

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

Old 08-04-2005, 01:17 PM

Default RE: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO REMINGTON?

The only bad things I have heard about Remington firearms these last few years, are the ones sent to, and bought at Walmart. Even some that are ordered out of Wamarts store catalog for customers.
A lot of of blame seems to be a particular distributor from which these firearms have come from.
I could relate some stories that I know to be true about some of the Walmart Rems. even from store managers themselves. I won't go into that either.
I'm a loyal Remington owner myself all my life. I own five Remington 700's in different calibers. And I'm not bashing Remington at all.
Only lately have I heard, is that Remington has worked hard to correct this Walmart problem.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I apologize if I've already posted on this. I don't remember and I'm not going back through all the posts to find out.

Remington firearms occupy the lower rungs of the firearm hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.Regardless of thecategory of firearm they make, whether it be shotguns, centerfire rifles, rimfire rifles, etc..., I think you can findbetter examplesof each madeby a number ofother manufacturers and I'm notjusttalking about theoverall quality of assembly. I'm talking about the basic mechanical design. It just appears to me that not much thought or effort went into the engineering of their firearms, or at least not nearly as much as what some other companies put into theirs. I mean, what is a model 700? Just a pipe with some machining performed on it basically. Yes, it's simple, doespretty much what it's supposed to doand can be easily modified to perform better, butthe samecan be said about an old Chevy Nova and I have no desire to own one of those either.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:48 PM

Except a model 700 action is the most widely used action of late.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: arover2

The only bad things I have heard about Remington firearms these last few years, are the ones sent to, and bought at Walmart. Even some that are ordered out of Wamarts store catalog for customers.
A lot of of blame seems to be a particular distributor from which these firearms have come from.
I have bought Remington 700's from Walmart. In my area they get their guns from Sports South, in Louisiana. It is the SAME wholesaler that supplies all of the gun stores and major sporting good stores in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The guns Walmart receives are EXACTLY the same as the ones that go to your local gun store. No difference in quality whatsoever.
The baloney you read on the internet about the "inferior quality of firearms that go to Walmart" is just that....baloney. No insult intended...but that rumor needs to be squashed. I have no connection with Walmart....I have just found some real bargains ordering rifles from them....usually save $100-$150 over gun store and gun show prices.