Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is happening? >

What is happening?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is happening?

Old 11-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Spike

Default What is happening?

I live in Washington st just north of spokane wa, here the rut is under way, ive seen a couple of potenial shooters, but still undecided there is still a couple of weeks left in are late season, anyways i was in my blind last night 7 does came out and not one buck!!!!!!!!!! i know the rut is on because the other morningthe bucks were chasing the does around, even one breeding one. i dont know i'm confused any advice or anything thanks guys.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:13 PM

Default RE: What is happening?

I live on the opposite side of the states but sitting in my blind I have not seen a single good buck. All I've seen are small does and little spikes. The bucks just aren't coming in over here very well.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

The same here in east Tx. Dinks & does is all I've been seeing. Some guys tell me the rut is late this year, I just don't know. It's getting pretty late. I think it was nocturnal due to the high temps we've had for so long.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:50 PM

Here in NC bucks were chasing does the week before Thanksgiving and up till Thanksgiving. I went out Sun. during the rain to do some low impact scouting and noticed several nice size scrapes had just been re-opened( not a single leaf in any of them and the leaves are falling pretty hard). I'm guessing our primary rut is winding down if not gone altogether. Maybe they'll be doing some trolling now?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:01 PM

I live in minnesota and the does are very numerous and yet i have not seen one good buck in the past 3 weeks and i am out a lot. Tonight i saw a 5 point down by my yard and yet there has been nothing else. The snow is falling heavy and then it stopped and he came out. i have no idea what is going on... it is kinda weird.