Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

$150 scope

Old 11-02-2004, 09:58 AM

Default RE: $150 scope

I dont understand why everyone feels that you have to have an expensive scope? I have a 5 year old Tasco 3-9x40 and it works great I have never had any problems with it and it does what I need it to. That same exact scope is at Wal-Mart for $40.00 so if I only spend $40.00 every 5 years on scope that does everything I want why should I shell out 3, 4 or even $500.00 or more? Yes I have used a few high quality scopes and unless I am trying to shoot a pin head at 500 yards I dont see the need. Just my opinion.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

And I'll bet with that $40.00 scope you have to sight it in every year and find it has moved. Hold the two up to each other and you will see the difference in the clarity, not to mention the problems with cheap scopes fogging etc..

So you buy a pice of $40.00 crap every five years as you put it. After a few years you spend as much as you would have spent buying a nice one first.

You get what you pay for! There is no argument here. Pay $40.00 you get a $40.00 scope. If you feel comfortable with that then that's the way to go.
I don't want to change wounding a deer because I'm too cheap to buy good accurate optics. That's my opinion. Theres a reason no sniper rifles in the world use $40.00 Tasco scopes. Give me a break
Old 11-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have NEVER had to rezero any scope unless I changed loads. I have a 20.00 Tascoe 4x scope that has been shot a lot. Its been on the same 30-06 for over 30 years. I have yet to take the adjustment covers off of that scope. Thats been the ussual for me with most tascos and all Bushnell. This includes the Banner and Trophy models. I have a 10X Bushnell Silhouette scope that has about 5000 rounds of heavy loaded 308 rounds through it in competition. Never touched the adjustments once it was Zeroed. I am not knocking Leupold as I have a few of them too. I have an M8 and two 3x9x40's. I won't spend more than the VX l costs though and only got those for the eye relief. Thats before I found out that the Aetec has quite a bit more eye relief than my Leupolds. I have always got what I paid for. Just never had to pay that much.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:08 PM

Hey cybersniper why do you seem so upset? Is it because my $40.00 tasco scope can do everything your more expensive scope can do? In my 41 years of hunting I have never wounded a deer and I have never had to track one more than 10 yards because my cheap tasco allows me to put em down on the spot. Shot placement is #1 and I have never had to rezero any of my tasco scopes and I have never had a fogging problem. Who cares that a Tasco has never been on a sniper rifle I sir am not a sniper and dont intend to be. All my shots are 100 yards or less and at that range my cheap Tasco can do anything that a $5000.00 scope can do except for night shooting and I dont hunt at night. You are hunting and unless you take 500 yard shots or more then why in the hell would you spend more than you should for a scope. Dont missunderstand me I am not knocking expensive scopes they have there place just not on my gun.
I have no need for them. My cheap Tasco does what I need so why pay more? I see your trying to tell me that because my scope is cheap I will be wounding deer so that means a cheap scope is not accurate? Well sir I have had no problems with accuracy on my cheap scope and if you feel that your expensive scope will make you more accurate then you probably need it,I buy what works for me. Whether or not you want to admit it my Cheap Tasco will put my shots where I want them just as good as your scope will at 100 yards or less, so GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:16 AM

1da,

It takes all kinds to make a world.
Scopes and their owners are no exception.

Good luck,

EKM
Old 11-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

You convinced me, $40.00 Tasco's are the way to go.. What was I thinking. Lets just hope this secret never gets out to anyone else out there. or they will buy up all of them. I wonder why all of those other companies are trying to rip people off. I owe you one..
Old 11-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Which Scope?

Bushnell 10% (19)

Leupold 38% (70)

Simmons 6% (11)

Tasco 4% (9)

Zeiss 12% (23)

Swaroski 6% (12)

Redfield 2% (5)

Weaver 3% (7)

other 14% (27)

Here are the results from the Hunting.net poll. (See it's our little secret) Actually it beat redfield and Weaver which surprised me.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:16 PM
bigcountry

1da, your 40 dollar scope, can't do what is required from alot of us here on this page, which you probably don't need. You sound like a sight the gun in once a year type guy. No offense. If you are, then yes, this is the perfect scope for a guy like you. But this is a guns page, and most on here shoot thier guns I would be more than 20 times a year, and some much more than that.

But if you ever decide to be a rifleman, And have to adjust your scope for windage and elevation for some long range shooting, but still require it to come back to zero, you might consider a little more durable consistent model.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:28 PM

Well I am sorry to of ever brought it up. You are right I am a hunter not a rifleman and it just works for me. I do apologize to all for I never meant to belittle any one or there ways I just had a question and asked.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:00 PM

cybersniper You sir must have your nose so far up in the air that you missed my whole point in my post. I mearly asked a question and you immediately begin to belittle me. I can only hope you are not this way with every one who asks a question. I am very sorry that I bothered you and gave you something that really brought out the real you. Well just keep this our little secret (you are an ass)

Quick Reply: $150 scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.