Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Concealed weapon ??????? >

Concealed weapon ???????

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Concealed weapon ???????

Old 03-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Concealed weapon ???????

Keylargo, Sounds like a deal. Glad that you checked into it and it will work in your favor.It's a shame that all states won't honor other states CCW's. Hopefully one day soon they will be honored like drivers licenses are in all 50 states. Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

I wonder If I will get a discount at Disney World now.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'll need more then a discount to be able to afford to go into Mickey's Kingdom. Tourist trap from the word go.Up to almost 50.00 per person per day.Sea World the other day went up to 49.00. Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-04-2002, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

WOW, i'm surprised to hear that. I would have bet that you would have to be a resident in order to get a permit here in florida. I also wish that all states that offer permits would honor the permits from all of the other states that offer them. Well, good luck.
Old 03-08-2002, 07:10 PM

You first have to have one in the state you live in and then you can apply to other states.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

Florida has no such restriction.
Old 03-09-2002, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you guys want a ccw??? I can understand having a firearm on you for personal protection, but why not be like coral snakes and advertise your defense sysytem?? A friend of mine has his ccw, but rather than concealing his .45 acp snub nose job, he wears a .357 mag revolver around on a bandolera. Says was held up twice before he started carrying it on his hip, once without it concealed, and once while it was concealed, once with a knife, then once at gun point, respectively. Tell me you can dig into your pocket and shoot someone before they shoot you if they have you at gun point before you know they are there. He says that he gets strange looks from some people, but he thinks it scares off any bad guys as well as the old ladies. It's like putting one of those "this home protected by yadda yadda" signs in front of your house, it tells robbers to not even try. I know I plan to carry mine on my hip when I feel the need as soon as I get my revolver.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nomercy, Most states you can't have your gun exposed.In Florida it has to be concealed on or about your person. Check your states laws before you tote. Ruger Redhawk