Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Concealed Carry Weapon >

Concealed Carry Weapon

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Concealed Carry Weapon

Old 03-19-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Concealed Carry Weapon

I love my large frame .45 but as an any-season concealed carry weapon the size leaves something to be desired. What's a reasonably priced, dependable, semi-auto suitable for concealed carry? I'd prefer nothing smaller than a 9mm. I'm not totally turned off to the idea of a revolver but would just prefer a semi-auto because they usually have a higher ammo capacity.
My buddy has a Kel-Tec and he swears by it. I must admit the price makes it attractive, but at the same time the price has me leery...get what you pay for kind of thing. Appreciate any info and insight.
REX

Old 03-19-2006, 10:26 AM

Default RE: Concealed Carry Weapon

inmost real life CC situations, your not gonna get into a fire fight with some. Useually you pull and fire maybe once, useually not at all. unless you get caught in a bank hiest or have a hit out on you. I bought my wife an s&w hamerless aire weight and i love it. If you wanna get auto you have to deal with large frame and larger cloths to concel the pistol. The walther/bersa style are ideal for C&C but tend to cost more....well he walthers anyway.

then you go here and accessorize
http://crimsontrace.com/
Old 03-19-2006, 10:27 AM

this is the walter frame

Old 03-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a buddy buy that Walther in the pic and I have one complaint about it. The finish on it is too "bright" and if there are overhead lights of any sort I can't pick up the front sight from the glare off the barell. Other than that the Walther is a sweet sweet very concealable piece.

Check out the Springfield sub-compact model (XD), and the Glock subbies.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:22 PM

I have 2 KelTechs ,a P11 and a 380! though I don't shoot them a great deal, neither has ever malfunctioned. I also had two P32's and they also never skipped a beat, my sister and sister in law saw them and just fell in love. Chalk up two new CCW permit holders, ( these two girls are the only lawyers I would pee on if they wereon fire) naw just joking! Several police and deputies around here carry Kel Tech pistols as backup, and that would indicate some confidence in their quality. Just remember expensive doesn't always equal dependable.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried several "large" autos (Sig P228, Glock 23, Glock 17) for concealed carry, but I have found them hard for me to conceal. I have a Walther PPK, and it is very concealable but too heavy for my taste. I have gone to a S&W M38 "bodyguard" model. It is very light and easily concealable.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:16 PM

You should check out a company called Khar Arms. they make a beautiful all steel striker fired auto that is really well balance and has a slim profile. Although Khar would hate to hear me say it, think of these guns as a slim and elegant Glock made of all steel in stainless and blued.
okcmco
Old 03-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

even though I am not even old enough to buy a long gun, but I have decided that I will go with a glock 30 which is .45. I wont settle for anything less then a .45 simply because a .45 has more stopping power than say a 9mm. but thats just me. I would look at the small frame glocks.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry 1 of 2 pistols most of the time .
Most offen is a Keltec P-11 9mm
The other is a Bereta Tom Cat 32 auto

I have tryed to carry my Sig 229 , but it is to large for comfortable carry unless I am carring it in a shoulder holster .
Where the P-11 can be carried in a front pocket using the belt clip .
The Bereta drops in a coat pocket very nicly

Johnch