Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL concealed weapon law >

IL concealed weapon law

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL concealed weapon law

Old 02-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Default IL concealed weapon law

Any one else hear about a law was sent in for people in il to pack. i heard it from a friend didnt no if it was true or not
Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: IL concealed weapon law

Haven't heard a thing about it. But what I can tell you is that the last shot at it;
this guy > > > >

(Illinois Speaker of the House, Mike Madigan)
pulled a fast one to assure it was defeated. (Can you imagine? A politician pulling a fast one?)

BUT! I'll bet he sure enjoys having an armed detail looking out for him;
and his precious little daughter > > > >

(IL Atty Gen. Lisa Madigan)

It's not that he feels that he is better than anyone else (of course not). But we all do have to remember that their lives and protecting them is much more important than our puny, peasantry, little pathetic lives!

Oh and with Blago out and Quinn in temporarily as Guv the Speaker is happy as heck that his grooming of our next Govenor, his daughter, has been put on the fast track.

Oh yes - it's true.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found this so I dragged it back for you.

SPRINGFIELD - Some Illinois lawmakers are trying again to give residents the right to carry concealed weapons, but there are doubts their efforts will yield any results.

Bolstered by a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in the summer overturning a handgun ban in Washington, D.C., and an endorsement of concealed carry by the Illinois Sheriffs' Association last week, supporters say 2009 might be the year Illinois becomes the 49th state to allow citizens to carry concealed firearms.

"We're behind the times on this as far as I'm concerned," said state Rep. Brandon Phelps, a Harrisburg Democrat who is among a handful of lawmakers who have introduced concealed carry legislation.

"I just want it to finally get a hearing in the House," said state Rep. Bill Mitchell, R-Forsyth, who also has introduced legislation.

In general, their bills would allow citizens to get permits to carry concealed firearms, but only after gun owners complete an extensive application process, including training courses in handgun use, safety and marksmanship.

Illinois and Wisconsin are the only states that ban concealed carry of weapons.

The issue, however, appears poised to again stall in the Legislature for many of the same reasons it's gone nowhere in the past.

New Illinois Senate President John Cullerton, a Chicago Democrat, has been a vocal opponent of giving gun owners the right to carry concealed firearms.

As Senate president, Cullerton can control the flow of legislation that is voted on in his chamber. A spokeswoman said Monday that Cullerton is reserving judgment on the proposals until he sees if any legislation actually emerges from the House.

State Rep. Frank Mautino, D-Spring Valley, said it is doubtful the legislation will go very far.

"Cullerton is never going to call a concealed carry bill in the Senate," said Mautino. "It's not going to happen."

Todd Vandermyde, an Illinois-based lobbyist for the National Rifle Association, said Cullerton may change his mind now that he's moved from being a state senator to his role as president of the Senate.

"He got elected because of downstate guys," Vandermyde. "We'll see if that changes his outlook."

Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as most of the voters are in Cook Co, I find it hard to believe it could ever get passed. This is if it ever got to vote in the first place.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe Wisconsin and Illinois are the only TWO statesout of FIFTYstates that still deny the right to concealed carry.

It really makes me embarrassed to live in this state.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live about 20 miles from the ILL. line, in indiana i would not move there for love or money.Matter of fact
my wife is from there,itold her you want to be with me it's indiana.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:55 PM

Is it just me or is it a bit hard to swallow , when you hear these things. without goin on a huge rant , what in the hell is our country headin for ? I'm headin to columbus friday to pick up my brother from the airport. Hes been in iraq for about 15 months. this is his second deploy. Afgan was his first. Hes comin home for a bit of r&r and then he heads back so they came make sure he retained some sort of sannity. The only thing hes got to say is hes DONE w/ military. I beleive our opinion is widespread in that they can send us over there to see and do attrocious things to preserve the right for them to sit in washington and pretend their playing a big damn game of monopoly. which in most cases it seems to me thats all there rationale amounts to, oops you sank my battleship ! oh well time for my re-election campaign.

Next time you see a vet thank him , its as simple as that. No need for conversation just thank him , trust me it goes a long way.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been watching these bills in Illinois get caught up or shot down for several years now. As long as Chicago runs Illinois and Wisconsin this will never happen.
It is a sad time in our history when our government works against the people and not for the people and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it!

Old 02-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.ilga.gov/

Take the time to call your Rep.and let him or her know how you feel. It's now scheduled for a committee hearing on the 18th of Feb. Keep track of the progress through this link. Search for HB 367 or HB 245. You can also find your representative on here if you don't know who that is. Don't expect it to go far if you don't help push!