Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need Help Scope choosing which rifles >

Need Help Scope choosing which rifles

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need Help Scope choosing which rifles

Old 01-20-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Need Help Scope choosing which rifles

i just put a new NIkon on my good shooting .308 model 70. I just bought a NEF singleshot 7mm-08 gray with black laminated stripes. It came with a Bushnell on it brand new. 3x9x32. I have also picked up on trade another .308win in the Remington model 788 I have a Simmons Pro Hunter scope 3x9x40 I can put on it. Or should I jugle the other scopes around on the rifles? What would you all do to make the best combination out of these 3 setups? Thanks
Old 01-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Help Scope choosing which rifles

If it were me I would take my clearest scope and put it on my favorite rifle ,that would be something for you to decide .
Old 01-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know which Bushnell you have. The Pro Hunter seems to be a pretty good scope. The are highly regarded on the H&R site. Which Nikon did you get? If the Bushnell is a Trophy OR Banner then it should be fine. Ifs its a 3200 then thats great. Good luck.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:08 PM

James,
The Nikon is the Pro Staff. I put it on my favorite .308 model 70. i have an '06 with a Leupold that pretty much stays in the safe anymore. It has always been the go to gun though. I have just started experimenting with other calibers. I have takin a huge liking to the 308 win. The model 70 was my first and shoots very accurate. Thats why the Nikon is on it.
The NEF in 7mm-08 came with a Bushnell 3x9x32 on it. Im pretty sure its the "Sportsman" which may be their bottom line scope but the dealer put the scope on the rifle to try and sale it as a package. It is brand new.
The Remington model 788 .308 is my newest gain. I have a Simmons Pro Hunter 3x9x40 that is not on anything and thought of putting it on this gun. But then I thought about switching the PRo Hunter to the New NEF 7mm-08 and putting the Bushnell on the Rem. 308 which is an older gun. I am still breaking in the 7mm-08 so I don't know about its accuracy yet adn the model788 308 has not been shot yet but I have been told my many that they are tremendous shooters, so I don't know what to do with what scope. If I should put the Pro Hunter on the Rem 308 or the new 7mm-08? I hope this isn't to confusing. Thanks for your help.