HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need Help Scope choosing which rifles
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Huntsalotey

Default RE: Need Help Scope choosing which rifles

James,
The Nikon is the Pro Staff. I put it on my favorite .308 model 70. i have an '06 with a Leupold that pretty much stays in the safe anymore. It has always been the go to gun though. I have just started experimenting with other calibers. I have takin a huge liking to the 308 win. The model 70 was my first and shoots very accurate. Thats why the Nikon is on it.
The NEF in 7mm-08 came with a Bushnell 3x9x32 on it. Im pretty sure its the "Sportsman" which may be their bottom line scope but the dealer put the scope on the rifle to try and sale it as a package. It is brand new.
The Remington model 788 .308 is my newest gain. I have a Simmons Pro Hunter 3x9x40 that is not on anything and thought of putting it on this gun. But then I thought about switching the PRo Hunter to the New NEF 7mm-08 and putting the Bushnell on the Rem. 308 which is an older gun. I am still breaking in the 7mm-08 so I don't know about its accuracy yet adn the model788 308 has not been shot yet but I have been told my many that they are tremendous shooters, so I don't know what to do with what scope. If I should put the Pro Hunter on the Rem 308 or the new 7mm-08? I hope this isn't to confusing. Thanks for your help.