Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement >

Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement

Old 12-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I handle a 1895 Marlin last week nothing wrong with it, every bit as good as my 2 JM's.
The last 700 I bought in 2009, a SPS, was fine, no misfires,1 1/2" 5 shot group with factory @ 100yds, good enough for me @ the distances I shoot.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any Marlin post 2007 I wont touch.
Marlin quality control was in the tank long before Remington bought the company.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
got anything to back those numbers up besides BS, you got your superman underoos hiked up to far.
RR
Ha! I'm still waiting for you to throw up some stats on the Model 70 or any other major rifle to show any reports of misfires like your precious Remingtons have been getting for decades! PS: I couldn't resist because you always rag on me for doing exactly what you are on this thread. As far as quality on the Marlins, I can't speak to them other than the old 22 semi I have and it's functioning fine.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

jut asking about his number of 1in 100 billion 700 owners tinkering with their own trigger, I have been asked no less than a dozen times by folks to adjust theirs, which I refuse to do unless I know they are experienced with their rifle, and model 70's have been recalled cause the sling swivel pulls through the stock when your carrying it.....look it up.
RR
Old 12-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

And here's the recall: WINCHESTER/U.S. Repeating Arms Company
MODEL 70, Bolt Action Rifles

Calibers:

•270 Winchester,

•30-06 Springfield,

•7mm Remington Magnum,

•300 Winchester Magnum

RECALL: The Winchester model 70 bolt action rifles in 270 Winchester, 30-06 Springfield, 7mm Remington Magnum and 300 Winchester Magnum with serial numbers greater than G2235000 with BLACK COMPOSITE/SYNTHETIC STOCKS may have a potential safety problem in the front sling swivel stud. There is a possibility that under heavy weight the swivel stud can pull loose from the composite stock, causing the rifle to fall from the shoulder, which is a dangerous condition.

Sellers and owners of the affected model 70 rifles are being warned to immediately discontinue any further use until the front swivel stud has been replaced. Many of the affected rifles were sold at Wal-Mart Discount Stores.

Source:
Old 12-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

And IMO they're now a "misfire" that they're being made and assembled in Portugal!!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
jut asking about his number of 1in 100 billion 700 owners tinkering with their own trigger, I have been asked no less than a dozen times by folks to adjust theirs, which I refuse to do unless I know they are experienced with their rifle, and model 70's have been recalled cause the sling swivel pulls through the stock when your carrying it.....look it up.
RR
His long string of 0s was obviously a stretch, but WOW, your calling a small number of newer Winchester rifles with one particular type of stock that may have a swivel problem remotely comparable to what we're talking about with this Remington trigger problem is a farce, LOL!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Top....RR isn't the only guy "in the know" saying that.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope you said I couldn't find one, correct? and I did, may be a small number but whats the percentage? remember Remington outnumbers Winchester 5 to 1.
RR
Old 12-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Read my lips RR: A swivel problem in a stock is nothing remotely close to a problem like we're talking about in the Remington design of the gun itself and you insinuation that it is IMHO shows you are looking at anything you can to try and defend your position! Find any recall involving the gun's actual working parts and then you may have an argument, but right now I think you should stick to shooting.

jerry d: Below is the website for Winchester that is quite informative as to all the products they make and sell. If you click this link you'll find that all the Model 70s are still made right here in the good old US of A. Some of their shotguns are being put together in Portugal while the parts are actually being manufactured in Belgium. In fact, all barrels are stamped to show exactly where they were made!

http://www.winchesterguns.com/custom...ail.asp?id=287

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-15-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.