Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement >

Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement

Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

DUH! wonder what could have happened back then, let this armchair quarterback explain it to you.
Due to the limitations in manufacturing processes back in the 60's, it wasn't possible to build triggers on a production line that were totaly sealed so the parts inside did what they were supposed too after a few years of exposure to the outdoors and picked up dirt and grime.
the fire control connector was what todat is refered to as a stage lever, it was a single stage trigger, it had 1 lever, the fire control connector, todays triggers have as many as 3 fire control connectors (levers) for 2 stage and 3 stage triggers, they lighten the weight of pull without losing sear engagement. so your steadfastly upholding the society that is blaming the manufacturer for building the best trigger of the era because it took more preventive care due to manufacturing limitations at that time, save it man, I've been into remingtons too deep for you to tell me the nations opinion on them no matter how wrong it is.
RR
Old 12-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
DUH! wonder what could have happened back then, let this armchair quarterback explain it to you.
Due to the limitations in manufacturing processes back in the 60's, it wasn't possible to build triggers on a production line that were totaly sealed so the parts inside did what they were supposed too after a few years of exposure to the outdoors and picked up dirt and grime.
the fire control connector was what todat is refered to as a stage lever, it was a single stage trigger, it had 1 lever, the fire control connector, todays triggers have as many as 3 fire control connectors (levers) for 2 stage and 3 stage triggers, they lighten the weight of pull without losing sear engagement. so your steadfastly upholding the society that is blaming the manufacturer for building the best trigger of the era because it took more preventive care due to manufacturing limitations at that time, save it man, I've been into remingtons too deep for you to tell me the nations opinion on them no matter how wrong it is.
RR
Yea man, just ask you because you're the EXPERT on everything! My Dad once told me what an expert is---a drip under pressure, LOL!!! It's people like yourself that the average Joe may listen to because you think and sound like you know everything. Then they'll go out thinking their Remington has no problems and have it go off and possibly cause another accident we'll read about. What a great guy you are and I'm done on here as it's a waste of time trying to help others with comments you keep posting.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-08-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

so you would rather folks listened to you? correct, cause you know what you read on the news articles. How many remingtons you got? How many rounds you put through them? what is your maintenance regimen? come on all I ask is you prove me wrong cause you been huntin 60 years.
RR
Old 12-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another thought I've had one this topic of late - By offering this recall, it does offer some liability insurance to Remington. If anyone ever gets hurt by an AD using a Walker trigger in the future, if they haven't upgraded according to the recall, then Remington is absolved of liability.

Considering the cost of subsequent lawsuits and the growing settlement awards over time, it's only logical that "the next time" will cost Remington more and more with every iteration, and in our day and age, it's certain that more and more lawsuits will come to bear as accidental discharges happen. So Remington can consider this settlement - a measly $4 per rifle - as an investment in future liability avoidance.

So right, wrong, or indifferent, it does give Remington an out.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
so you would rather folks listened to you? correct, cause you know what you read on the news articles. How many remingtons you got? How many rounds you put through them? what is your maintenance regimen? come on all I ask is you prove me wrong cause you been huntin 60 years.
RR
Yes, I would certainly like them to listen to me so that it lessens the chance of more misfires and no, not because I read articles. Mike Walker, the inventor of the system, was interviewed and vehemently stated that the system needed to be changed to lessen the chance of misfires just like he told Remington shortly after production started. He lost his Remington pension due to that interview and didn't give a rip because he was in his late 90s and didn't need their blood money. He just died last year at 101 and he was very lucid until the day he died. To answer your other questions, I have never had a Remington in my safes, never will, and it's not because of this situation. I just flat don't need to add any more rifles to the pre 64 Model 70, Rugers, and Sakos that are my favorites amongst many others that I have. In a nutshell, nobody will ever prove you wrong in your mind because I've seen your posts for a few years now here on this site and you're always the expert on everything and then have the nerve to knock me because I've been around a long time and just maybe know a little bit more on certain things that you do! I'm outa here with you as of this post because this has developed into a one on one that is against the website rules.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-08-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

first I'm an armchair quarterback (violation of rules, something about name calling, arguemenative or whatever)
then an EXPERT (violation of rules, flaming or harassment something or other)
you yourself have used the "I been hunting 60 years, ......" dozens of times to prove your knowledge
but you leave your sinking ship based on the reasoning its a 1 on 1 argument and against the rules?????????
your welcome to prove me wrong, if you do I will know it just like you know you lost this one. How could you win when you have never owned a Remington, you can read anything on the net, but you can't make it so, yes walker may have known about some troubles, but its not a design flaw its a limitation of production, and after he saw what it was he pointed it out, if you understand the limitations its as good of a system as technology was capable of at the time, so not his nor remingtons fault. anything you buy takes upkeep if you use it long enough.
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 12-08-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Another thought I've had one this topic of late - By offering this recall, it does offer some liability insurance to Remington. If anyone ever gets hurt by an AD using a Walker trigger in the future, if they haven't upgraded according to the recall, then Remington is absolved of liability.

Considering the cost of subsequent lawsuits and the growing settlement awards over time, it's only logical that "the next time" will cost Remington more and more with every iteration, and in our day and age, it's certain that more and more lawsuits will come to bear as accidental discharges happen. So Remington can consider this settlement - a measly $4 per rifle - as an investment in future liability avoidance.

So right, wrong, or indifferent, it does give Remington an out.
You have hit the nail on the head, but now they are not calling it a recall and it's not on everything they produced from day one like I think it should be. They have announced that the initial release was incorrect and it's a settlement, rather than a recall that would have to be announced to the public. This settlement says they will replace triggers on certain rifles IF the owner contacts them. This was a real sharp move on their part because they don't have to put out any notices like a recall would involve and that lessens the number of people they will have to deal with by millions that aren't aware of the situation! It will also do exactly like you stated and get them off the hook if there are more misfires with the old triggers because all they will have to say is the consumer didn't take them up on their settlement agreement! What a great company, LOL! From many posts that I've read on various websites, many people are now saying Remington is producing more and more lousy stuff and that now Marlin is also going down the tubes too after they purchased that company several years ago!
Old 12-09-2014, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Guys, Help me to find this recall.

Remington's web site lists their recalls:
http://www.remington.com/pages/news-...ty-center.aspx

Only one on the M7/M700 trigger is for some of the 2006 to 2014 triggers?!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RaySendero
Guys, Help me to find this recall.

Remington's web site lists their recalls:
http://www.remington.com/pages/news-...ty-center.aspx

Only one on the M7/M700 trigger is for some of the 2006 to 2014 triggers?!
There is no recall on the website for these old Walker triggers and there won't be one. The settlement in Federal court on the matter hasn't even been approved by the Judge yet. After the approval then the company will set up procedures for people that have the affected rifles to contact them and send them in to replace the trigger, but they refuse to put out an actual recall to notify the public about the problem..
Old 12-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best part of this entire story is that this recall is supposedly (not officially announced anywhere) replacing the Walker triggers with X-Mark Pro triggers, WHICH ARE UNDER RECALL THEMSELVES!!!!

We make the assumption that the "fixed" XMP triggers are now "safe," but then again, when they designed the Walker trigger, they made the assumption that it was safe, and when they designed the XMP trigger, they made the assumption that they were safe too... And we make the assumption that the Ruger Redhawk 44mag was designed as "safe," but a manufacturing defect saw a "safe" design launch plenty of barrels down range. We make the assumption that the Ruger 10/17 mag was designed as "safe," but a bunch of them ended up blowing their mags apart because they recoiled out of battery too fast...

So I can understand the hesitation of a lot of folks to have their Walker trigger rifles "fixed," because they may very well end up with something that's no more safe than the devil they know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.