Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights >

A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights

Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SpawnedX
A minimum wage is needed, not because people are entitled to it, but because companies will never voluntarily pay someone a livable wage. The housing market, both rent and cost of houses, is so far above what people make for a 40 hour work shift at minimum wage that the lack of one just will increase poverty.
Maybe. Or it might increase entry-level salaries for the people who have the incentive to compete for them to purchase items more significant than 300-dollar sneakers or plasma screens.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by CRhodes
Maybe. Or it might increase entry-level salaries for the people who have the incentive to compete for them to purchase items more significant than 300-dollar sneakers or plasma screens.
I would be willing to bet that, that is unlikely. From my own experiences in the automotive industry, companies are more willing to hire the lowest common denominator for insulting wages than pay a little more for the school trained candidates.

Last edited by SpawnedX; 08-27-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SpawnedX
I would be willing to bet that, that is unlikely. From my own experiences in the automotive industry, companies are more willing to hire the lowest common denominator for insulting wages than pay a little more for the school trained candidates.
I'm sure that's true.

It's a certain fact that the minimum wage, as it stands, doesn't work, so they need to make one change or the other.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Only trolls keep a thread like this going---just sayin!!! No comment at all on another nobrainer from Phil!!!
Yeah, I know it too!! Phil works for a living and does not set back and type on a computor all day.. I will refrain from making any insults however...
Old 08-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
desribe this work you claim to do, being a proponent of the unions as you are, from what I have been around (joined the workforce in 1977) IMO all unions ever did was argue for a higher paycheck for less than an honest days work.
RR
Actually RR I am a control room operator and have recieved high comments from both sides union and salaried. \If you care to know more read the Meet the Political Posters thread.. As My last post was planned then. I did make this one exception..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-28-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
desribe this work you claim to do, being a proponent of the unions as you are, from what I have been around (joined the workforce in 1977) IMO all unions ever did was argue for a higher paycheck for less than an honest days work.
RR
and then there was prevailing wage... forcing the goverment to pay a guy that is pushing a broom on a construction site $28 dollars an hour, or a guy holding a sign on the side of the road $40 an hour. I agree unions have increase wages in this country but why should the goverment have to pay 25 to 30 percent more to build a building so they can grossly over pay people. That being said a lot of union guys earn there money (carpenters at 26ish dollars an hour, Iron workers at 35ish dollars an hour, entry level police a 45 -50k a year) but some of it is just out of hand, paying unskilled individuals to perform unskilled work $28 an hour is wasted money that puts this county further in debt.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by AquamanPSD
Entire post.
Reminds me of an ancecdote a buddy of mine told me who lost a paystub at the car lot where he's a paint and body man. The lot boy, who does nothing but clean cars and police the lot, found the stub and complained to the manager that he worked more hours that week and got paid less than my buddy.

Libthink
Old 08-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CRhodes
Reagan did it.
He did??? In my opinion Reagan was one of the WORST!!! Presidents we ever had!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only way to get a handle on this economy is to get fuel prices down. Guess who runs big oil? The Republicans! Yeah we need to give them more tax breaks so they can drive the price of fuel even higher. The high price of fuel is driving up the price of everything.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fritz1
He did??? In my opinion Reagan was one of the WORST!!! Presidents we ever had!!!!
How so? Military policy? (wall down) Economic? (most robust economy since the end of WWII)

If you can document to me how Reagan was one of the "worst" presidents in history, I'll vote for a muslim communist this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.