Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
good by Remington >

good by Remington

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good by Remington

Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is now public knowledge straight from the designers mouth that their has been a problem and will continue to be a problem. I agree that no product is made perfect. But when a design flaw like this can
make the gun fire I say it's serious. They have knowledge from the start.Like I said I like their 700 model but would not trust that company to assemble it and sell to me.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
It is now public knowledge straight from the designers mouth that their has been a problem and will continue to be a problem. I agree that no product is made perfect. But when a design flaw like this can
make the gun fire I say it's serious. They have knowledge from the start.Like I said I like their 700 model but would not trust that company to assemble it and sell to me.
Pay the inventor of the wheel enough$$$, hell say its flawed. Dont belive everything you see on the ****box will ya? if CNBC ran a "investigative special" about the sky being blue, Id discount the findings. Dont you people realize that CNBC and the rest of the mainstream media, is anti gun and their reporting is baised at best? why would you take them seriously???

For the ??? time, the trigger problem is due to improper adjustment. (i know cause ive done it) Its not the design.

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 03-04-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I didn't watch it, but there was apparently a show on CNBC about this with these people being interviewed. So it's not like he just pulled it out of his ****.
Watch the video's...http://www.remington700.tv/#/home then read the statements of the people and department's that had the "incidents" on cnbc...http://remington700.tv/pdf/Remington10-29-10.pdf. Unqualifed people modifing their rifles and mishandling isn't remington's fault.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Pay the inventor of the wheel enough$$$, hell say its flawed. Dont belive everything you see on the ****box will ya? if CNBC ran a "investigative special" about the sky being blue, Id discount the findings. Dont you people realize that CNBC and the rest of the mainstream media, is anti gun and their reporting is baised at best? why would you take them seriously???

For the ??? time, the trigger problem is due to improper adjustment. (i know cause ive done it) Its not the design.
I heard what I heard straight from the desingners mouth.
I don't care who investigated what or who paid who.
I am not gonna get my ass sued for knowingly using a factory assembled
piece of equipment that is faulty.It is as simple as that.
If the designer says it's flawed I'm not taking your word that it isn't.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 03-04-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stapher1
Watch the video's...http://www.remington700.tv/#/home then read the statements of the people and department's that had the "incidents" on cnbc...http://remington700.tv/pdf/Remington10-29-10.pdf. Unqualifed people modifing their rifles and mishandling isn't remington's fault.
Thanks a ton stapher. Thanks for posting. That was a lot of things I suspected but have never read. It's funny how gun owners and hunters would turn on a company that has given us such a great product, or should I say products on the word of a bunch of LIBTARDS!!

Remington has always been my favorite rifle but after reading the response to the false alligations, I may never buy anything else. Just the fact that the Libtards are attacking them, makes believe they are even a better company than I knew.

Remington has always been a pillar of the shooting community and hopefully they always will be. They have armed the men and women that protect us at home and around the world. I believe they are a committed company that wants to provide a superior product for a fair price.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you bother to read Remintons reponses that stapher posted for you to read. I don't think you guys are stupid, I just think you will believe anything you hear or read from a stinking Libtard that wants to take all of your gun rights away. They are attacking one of the best companies(if not the best) in order to make all guns look bad.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

So the fact that it comes from a bias source means nothing to you ...OK
The guy probably made more $ saying it was flawed than he did for actually inventing it. It doesnt mean diddly squat.

I dont give a rats azz if remington sells another 700 ever, nor do I care what anyone here shoots, im just saying dont believe everything you see on TV, actually dont believe ANYTHING.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Did you bother to read Remintons reponses that stapher posted for you to read. I don't think you guys are stupid, I just think you will believe anything you hear or read from a stinking Libtard that wants to take all of your gun rights away. They are attacking one of the best companies(if not the best) in order to make all guns look bad.
I saw both sides, have them on my favorites on You Tube.
Remington has some good points. But the fact remains Remington has settled out of court and lost court battles. Guilty....If you are innocent
you would owe zilch and cleared of all allegations in the court of law and I be on their side pleading their innocence with you.I don't care about after the facts in court battles.
Remington has been found guilty and has had to pay.
Until Remington puts out a good factory product that is reliable and safe, I won't by a factory assembled Remington 700.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 03-04-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
So the fact that it comes from a bias source means nothing to you ...OK The guy probably made more $ saying it was flawed than he did for actually inventing it. It doesnt mean diddly squat.

I dont give a rats azz if remington sells another 700 ever, nor do I care what anyone here shoots, im just saying dont believe everything you see on TV, actually dont believe ANYTHING.
I don't believe everything I read or see. I'm not gonna start guessing and money he recieved if any.I know what he said.Remington interview with him in response to CNBC didn't convince me beyond a shadow of a doubt their was nothing wrong with the design to begin with. Remington did blow that other guys testimony out of the water
when they showed that he purchased a Remington. But the court settlements and losses speek for themselves. Remington needs better Lawyers to overturn these cases to convince me otherwise.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Thanks a ton stapher. Thanks for posting. That was a lot of things I suspected but have never read. It's funny how gun owners and hunters would turn on a company that has given us such a great product, or should I say products on the word of a bunch of LIBTARDS!!

Remington has always been my favorite rifle but after reading the response to the false alligations, I may never buy anything else. Just the fact that the Libtards are attacking them, makes believe they are even a better company than I knew.

Remington has always been a pillar of the shooting community and hopefully they always will be. They have armed the men and women that protect us at home and around the world. I believe they are a committed company that wants to provide a superior product for a fair price.
I think it's strange that the man who "lost his son to Rem700", and has such a disdain for Remington, at the end of the show STILL using Remington's proves there is more to his story than he's saying.
Anybody that watches the video on Remmy's website will see that cnbc uses walkers "tigger flaw" warning that dated 10years BEFORE the 700 was made, which if i'm right means he was talking about the 721 & 722, but cnbc's editing made it look like the 700.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.