HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   good by Remington (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/339257-good-remington.html)

zrexpilot 01-29-2011 04:16 AM

good by Remington

Theres a new sherrif in town.
Remington has really slacked in the quality department for sometime now, I wont even buy another and havent for quite sometime.
The new savage, weatherby, tika, and winchesters have really steped up the game and I could not see why anyone would choose a rem givin the choices.
Weatherby is coming this year and bringing a champ.
http://www.weatherby.com/vanguards2/
all vanguards will be given the sub moa guarantee including sporters, stainless models will be available too.

Big Uncle 01-29-2011 05:41 AM

Good buy - Remington

To each their own. My opinion is that there is nothing at all wrong with Remington.

I am glad that you have found equipment that you like, but I honestly don't understand threads that trash-mouth another man's equipment. What is the point?

DeerandbearhoG 01-29-2011 06:58 AM

Well of course if you buy a 770,710, or a base model 700 sps or a 870 express you are going to get a "low quality" rifle or SG, but what do you expect for 400$??? Is a stevens 200 or a mossberg any better? NO. Spend a few xtra bucks and get a 700 CDL,700MTLSS, or an 870 wingmaster. even a SPS stainless is a very nice quality rifle, and IMO has a nicer finish than a ruger or a savage 112.

DeerandbearhoG 01-29-2011 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Big Uncle (Post 3765632)
I honestly don't understand threads that trash-mouth another man's equipment. What is the point?

I dont think theres anything wrong w/ giving specific examples of things you dont like about certain firearms and why.People are interested in others reviews of equipment. However just saying a company produces poor quality products is vague, subjective, and pointless.

CommonSense 01-30-2011 10:35 AM

Shame on you zrex, now all of the Remchester fanboys will come out of the woodwork to proclaim how awesome their super whiz bang Model 700 ABCD is, and how their quality isn't declining, oh well, when that's all you have experience with, and don't know any better......

CommonSense 01-30-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG (Post 3765664)
I dont think theres anything wrong w/ giving specific examples of things you dont like about certain firearms and why.People are interested in others reviews of equipment. However just saying a company produces poor quality products is vague, subjective, and pointless.

And sticking up for a company which produces poor quality products is vague, subjective, and pointless :s4:

bugsNbows 01-30-2011 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by zrexpilot (Post 3765604)
Theres a new sherrif in town.
Remington has really slacked in the quality department for sometime now, I wont even buy another and havent for quite sometime.
The new savage, weatherby, tika, and winchesters have really steped up the game and I could not see why anyone would choose a rem givin the choices.
Weatherby is coming this year and bringing a champ.
http://www.weatherby.com/vanguards2/
all vanguards will be given the sub moa guarantee including sporters, stainless models will be available too.

+1. Besides, I like Vanguards! LOL.

Vapodog 01-30-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by zrexpilot (Post 3765604)

I'm not at all a Remington fan even though I have three of them, and have no complaints with them.....but sure wish one would back up their statements with specifics.....is that too much to ask?

Sheridan 01-30-2011 06:49 PM

My dog is better then your dog type comment IMO.

Whatever I own is best........................!

Blonds, brunettes & redheads which one is better ?

Ford, Chevy and Dodge all over again.........................

zrexpilot 01-31-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG (Post 3765663)
Well of course if you buy a 770,710, or a base model 700 sps or a 870 express you are going to get a "low quality" rifle or SG, but what do you expect for 400$??? Is a stevens 200 or a mossberg any better? NO. Spend a few xtra bucks and get a 700 CDL,700MTLSS, or an 870 wingmaster. even a SPS stainless is a very nice quality rifle, and IMO has a nicer finish than a ruger or a savage 112.

weatherby (howa) has been able to build a quality rifle for 400 bucks that any remington at any price cant compare to, thats a fact.
rem -3 piece bolt
VG -1 piece fluted and gas ported bolt
rem-machined round bar stock reciever
VG- cnc machined billet reciever with flat base and integral recoil lug
rem- extractor thats less then desirable
VG- m16 style extraction
rem- machined rifling barrel -I believe its button rifleing ( not sure)
VG- hammer forged barrel
rem -6" group guarantee ( yes when you send them back a gun that groups 4 inches theyll say thats within tolerance)
VG- sub moa guarantee
ad then theres that issue with the rem trigger.