Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good by Remington

Old 03-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, come back after a month and you're still arguing. Ok, instead, what is a good idea if ya got a Remington that won't do better than 2" @ 100yds or 6" at 200 yds.? I love the way my Rems feel in hand especially my 700 sps youth in 243. Just don't shoot for nothing. Thinking of sending it down to Krieger barrels 20 mi. away and tell them to put a barrel on it. I want 18" and light. But then I got 1,100 in it without scope. Sell it for 275 for a Savage that goes 5.5 lbs. It drives me nuts.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ihookem1
Wow, come back after a month and you're still arguing. Ok, instead, what is a good idea if ya got a Remington that won't do better than 2" @ 100yds or 6" at 200 yds.? I love the way my Rems feel in hand especially my 700 sps youth in 243. Just don't shoot for nothing. Thinking of sending it down to Krieger barrels 20 mi. away and tell them to put a barrel on it. I want 18" and light. But then I got 1,100 in it without scope. Sell it for 275 for a Savage that goes 5.5 lbs. It drives me nuts.
Is it the gun or the shooter? I have a 700SPS in a 243, with a fixed 6x Leupold scope that shoots under a inch at 100 yards with 100gr. Rem. Core-Lokt PSP FACTORY loads.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I can't believe that some folks have such weak minds and spirit and are so easily led and manipulated. It's sad and scary.
So true luckydog, it's not like it just our opinion only, with nothing to back up what we're saying. Remington under fire was on again last night, this the 3rd time i've watched it and it pisses me off more everytime i watch it, just watching the reporter at the opening of it with his finger on the trigger of the 700 he's holding, proves cnbc has no clue about anything.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

It is mostly the gun. I got a new Savage and with 7 5 shot groups I've not been over an inch yet. I put the scope off the Rem and on the Savage so it isn't the scope. I like the gun, just don't shoot well. Plenty good enough for deer though. My son might use it for now on. His gun is a H&R super light. It shoots really bad. 5" groups @ 100 yds. is not good enough.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stapher1
So true luckydog, it's not like it just our opinion only, with nothing to back up what we're saying. Remington under fire was on again last night, this the 3rd time i've watched it and it pisses me off more everytime i watch it, just watching the reporter at the opening of it with his finger on the trigger of the 700 he's holding, proves cnbc has no clue about anything.
I am not week minded by any means. If I was, I'd buy one today.
Do I believe CNBC ? I don't buy into all of it. I now they want a story
and will do anything to bring to the front. .It pisses me off.
Do I believe Remington ? I don't buy into it. I know Coorprations. I know cover ups, and I do believe they now this. and it pisses me off.
If they are totally innocent of all these allegations, fire their current
Lawyers, cause they are meatheads, and hire new ones, and Sue CNBC.. Sue them!!!Sue them huge. Show me they mean business..Than get these other cases that they have lost, and get them overturned!!Clear their name..And make them pay back what you payed them plus intersest..
If they have the evidence to clear themselves, than do it..
Appsrently ( according to this quote) This program has been on lots, and guess what?Remington has not even gone to court to stop it from getting air time. No court injuction to see it off air? Or, for that matter, maybe they tried to get and got denied, I don't know.. If Remington is inocent, inocent,
and being honest, and CNBC are the ones that are UNHONEST, NOT STATING FACTS ON THE AIR it shouldn't be an issue at all to get it stopped.
And get Reporters to retract and get them fired..
That's the first thing anyone is claiming these false accusations would do.
Remingtons got the financial power behind them to do it..It has been stated that they sell more firearms than anyone else, and they are the very few that stay around for as long as they have.By a at least one on this forum thread.Geezes..A smart person cetainly would get a court injunction..That's a laugh... I'm shaking my head laughing.... It's a joke... But the sad fact is, its not a matter of name calling, and wanting to punch peoples facesbones heal, names calling just goes in on ear and out the other.. Honestly Lucky Dog between you and few others, you guys should take over the plant and office. At least you guys fight for what you believe in and would fight to the death for that company.. I totally respect you guys for that..But why doesn't Remington fight as hard as you guys?Cause they honestly aren't, if this is being aired still,( 3 times at least from this quote.) and they are claiming inocense.. Go in their and take the place over, they need you baddly..Cause that there is damn right embarrasing. If I was a Rem owner, I'd be both pissed and embarrased to have seen this 3 times, but not at CNBC, but at Remington. Why? For not sticking up for themselves..Aired 3 times Aired 3 times!! Lucky Dog..If you where running that company, and you heard rumers about a story that was taking away food from your wife and kids. Would you have even let it air the first time without interfering? I'm guessing no.. You are a fighter I have never met you but I can tell you are. Be proud of it.. But be just as pissed as Rem for letting it go on as long as it has as you are at CNBC..I'm just on the outside looking in wanting to purchase a rifle.. But 3 times, this has been on the air apparently, and either Rem has tried and failed to get it removed, because their is sometruth to CNBC story, or Rem have not tried at all.Either way
very very embarassing for Rem..Disturbing..And if Remington has not tried at all. That's a losing attitude.Thats the wrong attitude to have, and want nothing to do with them any way shape or form..
Three Times Aired..Makes my wonder..

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 03-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ihookem1
It is mostly the gun. I got a new Savage and with 7 5 shot groups I've not been over an inch yet. I put the scope off the Rem and on the Savage so it isn't the scope. I like the gun, just don't shoot well. Plenty good enough for deer though. My son might use it for now on. His gun is a H&R super light. It shoots really bad. 5" groups @ 100 yds. is not good enough.
I wasnt trying to say you couldnt shoot, that just goes to show how different two identical rifles can shoot, my SPS is a sweet heart at the range. I have two of the newer Savages with the accutrigger, bought them at Wal-Mart, got the combos for like $350, although I like my Remingtons and Rugers better you can not argue with the accuracy that you get out of the Savages.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
I am not week minded by any means. If I was, I'd buy one today.
Do I believe CNBC ? I don't buy into all of it. I now they want a story
and will do anything to bring to the front. .It pisses me off.
Do I believe Remington ? I don't buy into it. I know Coorprations. I know cover ups, and I do believe they now this. and it pisses me off.
If they are totally innocent of all these allegations, fire their current
Lawyers, cause they are meatheads, and hire new ones, and Sue CNBC.. Sue them!!!Sue them huge. Show me they mean business..Than get these other cases that they have lost, and get them overturned!!Clear their name..And make them pay back what you payed them plus intersest..
If they have the evidence to clear themselves, than do it..
Appsrently ( according to this quote) This program has been on lots, and guess what?Remington has not even gone to court to stop it from getting air time. No court injuction to see it off air? Or, for that matter, maybe they tried to get and got denied, I don't know.. If Remington is inocent, inocent,
and being honest, and CNBC are the ones that are UNHONEST, NOT STATING FACTS ON THE AIR it shouldn't be an issue at all to get it stopped.
And get Reporters to retract and get them fired..
That's the first thing anyone is claiming these false accusations would do.
Remingtons got the financial power behind them to do it..It has been stated that they sell more firearms than anyone else, and they are the very few that stay around for as long as they have.By a at least one on this forum thread.Geezes..A smart person cetainly would get a court injunction..That's a laugh... I'm shaking my head laughing.... It's a joke... But the sad fact is, its not a matter of name calling, and wanting to punch peoples facesbones heal, names calling just goes in on ear and out the other.. Honestly Lucky Dog between you and few others, you guys should take over the plant and office. At least you guys fight for what you believe in and would fight to the death for that company.. I totally respect you guys for that..But why doesn't Remington fight as hard as you guys?Cause they honestly aren't, if this is being aired still,( 3 times at least from this quote.) and they are claiming inocense.. Go in their and take the place over, they need you baddly..Cause that there is damn right embarrasing. If I was a Rem owner, I'd be both pissed and embarrased to have seen this 3 times, but not at CNBC, but at Remington. Why? For not sticking up for themselves..Aired 3 times Aired 3 times!! Lucky Dog..If you where running that company, and you heard rumers about a story that was taking away food from your wife and kids. Would you have even let it air the first time without interfering? I'm guessing no.. You are a fighter I have never met you but I can tell you are. Be proud of it.. But be just as pissed as Rem for letting it go on as long as it has as you are at CNBC..I'm just on the outside looking in wanting to purchase a rifle.. But 3 times, this has been on the air apparently, and either Rem has tried and failed to get it removed, because their is sometruth to CNBC story, or Rem have not tried at all.Either way
very very embarassing for Rem..Disturbing..And if Remington has not tried at all. That's a losing attitude.Thats the wrong attitude to have, and want nothing to do with them any way shape or form..
Three Times Aired..Makes my wonder..

Not only has CNBC been airing the heck out of this, CBS News did a very similar story in 2001.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/...in301947.shtml

I'm sure the vast majority of these issues that have happened are the result of improperly adjusted or improperly maintained triggers but not all.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Not only has CNBC been airing the heck out of this, CBS News did a very similar story in 2001.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/...in301947.shtml

I'm sure the vast majority of these issues that have happened are the result of improperly adjusted or improperly maintained triggers but not all.
I totally agree with you..
Old 03-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
I totally agree with you..
???????????????????????????

As far as the Barber's go, I wonder how many people that blew their kid away would blame the gun instead of themselves. How the BLANK could she even think about pointing the gun at her kid. SHE COULD NOT ADMIT TO THE TRUTH OR SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH MANSLAUGHTER FOR SHOOTING HER OWN KID. SHE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LIE.

That gun either had a "do it yourself" trigger job or she is just flat lying and she pulled the trigger. This is the kind of BS stories that hurt all gun owners, not just Remington the company.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Colorado Luckydog;3783221]???????????????????????????

As far as the Barber's go, I wonder how many people that blew their kid away would blame the gun instead of themselves. How the BLANK could she even think about pointing the gun at her kid. SHE COULD NOT ADMIT TO THE TRUTH OR SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH MANSLAUGHTER FOR SHOOTING HER OWN KID. SHE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LIE.

That gun either had a "do it yourself" trigger job or she is just flat lying and she pulled the trigger. This is the kind of BS stories that hurt all gun owners, not just Remington the company.[/QUOTE

Haha.... And Remington settled..
I have always stated never ever settle if your innocent ever..reputation is on the line.
Didn't you say that companies settle? Maybe it was the other guy don't care at this point.Get over it.. Not once have I blamed injuries on Remington..All I'm saying is Rem nows there is a problem with the triggerand has known for quite some time.If they can't this this off the air, something is up..Lots if evidence somewhere to keep this on..

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 03-07-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.