Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
So  long folks >

So long folks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

So long folks

Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I belong to several different forums and have for 4-5 years...

In all this time, I have never had a Mod tell me that I shouldn't be speaking the way I was...It's a non issue to me...

Why in the heck do I want to get into an argument on the internet with someone that I know nothing about??? Heck, they could be a 10 year old kid...I just state my experience and forget it, if someone else believes something else, good for them...

I've got more important things to do in my life than become obsessed with having to "win" an argument on here...
Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
Yall are making me think about of it. I'm shocked they would make a newcomer troublemaker a mod though. They must really be shorthanded for mods is all I can say.

........Hey Neil...You're starting to make me nervous, ol' buddy.... Don't be doing anything rash. for Heaven's sake...
You know I always look forward to your posts and responses. So does most everyone else on here. Time will take care of things.....
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Stick around StalkingBear.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

S-bear - I have picked up alot from you through this forum. It did not take me long to figure out you were either a gunsmith or in the firearms business in some way. I could tell by your technical advice. Your counterpart...well, lets just say he voices his opinions in a somewhat abrasive manner.
You had it right to begin with. Keep him on ignore and chat with everyone else.

I just lost my job of 26 years to a college grad accepting far less money than me. Was I angry...you bet. I need to get over it and move on because I am on a quest for a better job. Stay the course...your mod opportunity is just around the corner like my new job.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone here has a high opinion of you. If you quit because of this, everyone's opinion may change. Your to good of a dude to let that happen. Stick around!
Old 07-30-2009, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Stalkingbear,
Your posts are a real asset to HNI. They exude knowledge and experience. Your nemesis's posts, on the other hand show neither--just noise.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree 100% with what's been said above. Your pm response to my question got me on the phone to my rifle dealer and I ordered the long action.

Tom
Old 07-30-2009, 07:12 AM
bigcountry

I agree, he's young, and inexperienced, and a troublemaker, but I want you stay Neil. There are a lot of know it alls on these forums, and they don't know much, but you have helped me and many more, you have yet to steer me wrong. And bottom line is I know you know your stuff. I know you don't benefit much for helping us, other than maybe a frieidship. But I do appreciate it.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't recall what we e-argued about stalkingbear, but as you can see a lot of people appreciate your input and want you to stay. If I rubbed you that raw in our internet encounter, I apologize. It's not my intention to be a "troublemaker" as several folks in this thread have dubbed me, but I guess I have come off that way in several posts. Don't give up on the site and your e-friends just because you don't like me. Yes, I'm a Moderator now and the only reason I accepted that duty was because I like this site and I wanted to chip in and help out and way I could. Contrary to popular belief, a Moderator does do other things besides banning people.

Please take this post as a proverbial olive branch and reconsider your leaving. Whatever your choosing, good luck and have a good one.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I belong to several different forums and have for 4-5 years...

In all this time, I have never had a Mod tell me that I shouldn't be speaking the way I was...It's a non issue to me...

Why in the heck do I want to get into an argument on the internet with someone that I know nothing about??? Heck, they could be a 10 year old kid...I just state my experience and forget it, if someone else believes something else, good for them...

I've got more important things to do in my life than become obsessed with having to "win" an argument on here...
That is one of the most intelligent posts I've read in the 10 forums I belong to.

Pretty difficult for me to get all wound up over some faceless text from an unknown source.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.