Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
So  long folks >

So long folks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

So long folks

Old 08-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

I don't go where I'm not wanted. I have helped no one on here and know nothing because I only have 117 posts. It's funny how a post count determines how much you know and how much your opinion is valued.

Stalkingbear, It's a shame we got off on the wrong foot with some silly post and I apologize for the personal attack. You are a huge asset to these forums and I'm glad you decided to stay. Good luck!

Later
Adam
Old 08-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm overwhelmed by you guys' support. I never realized I made a difference. I now feel like an idiot for thinking about quitting. I'm now proud to belong to a forum where people support each other. Perhaps I have been a little close minded in the past as per my own experience but got aggravated when some people wouldn't listen to my experience on something. I still have strong opinions, and ain't planning on changing them unless future experience with a product changes them, but will try to "not run over" anybody. Anyway, bottom line is I'd be an idiot to quit on buddies & fellow members like yall.

Adam-stay if you like and we'll have civil debate and perhaps learn to respect each other. Just because we don't agree don't mean we have to. I never claimed to be an expert but have a lot of background on firearms.

Svthomas-I accept your proverbial olive branch. What got my goat is they made you a mod when you're not even a life member yet, while passing up (without even asking) a lot of people here that has up to 8,000-9,000 post count. That was very poor taste on the admiin part. I still don't feel you should be a mod YET but we'll just agree to disagree on things.

Thanks guys!!! And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Neil
Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by adam11082
I don't go where I'm not wanted. I have helped no one on here and know nothing because I only have 117 posts. It's funny how a post count determines how much you know and how much your opinion is valued.

Stalkingbear, It's a shame we got off on the wrong foot with some silly post and I apologize for the personal attack. You are a huge asset to these forums and I'm glad you decided to stay. Good luck!

Later
Adam
Actually, a post count doesn't equal knowledge as several senior members have already posted. It can be a means for a member to build up credibility if they post good information and well thought out opinions. People that offer technical expertise and/or lots of personal on the ground experience do offer a lot to the forums. Most of the best questions, however, often come from people just getting into our sport and bringing up questions the rest of us didn't think about or were too embarrassed to ask.

The rest of us somewhere in the middle tend to chime in with our more limited expertise and/or experience. It makes for a unique experience where you get the benefit of sitting around a hunting campfire and can both learn and enjoy the knowledge and camaraderie.

It takes a big man to offer an apology. It's also a sure sign that you're probably going to learn a lot more than those who can't or won't apologize. Welcome to the campfire.

And driftrider, shoot me a PM if you're serious about being a mod. I've posted back and forth with you for several years and would sponsor you if you're crazy enough to do this for free (like the rest of us).
Old 08-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Drift, My post sounded a lot like yours.Didn't mean to copy you bud.
Great minds...

I'm overwhelmed by you guys' support. I never realized I made a difference. I now feel like an idiot for thinking about quitting. I'm now proud to belong to a forum where people support each other.
I've got your back, bro. Don't mention it.

And driftrider, shoot me a PM if you're serious about being a mod. I've posted back and forth with you for several years and would sponsor you if you're crazy enough to do this for free (like the rest of us).
I might be crazy for doing this, but the PM is sent, CalHunter. I've always wanted to chase down a spammer and beat them with a stick!

Mike
Old 08-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

.............I'm just glad some of the dust is beginning to settle around here...Neil is a great asset to this forum, as are a whole bunch of others. I've learned a lot around here, and hope I've helped a little too.... It doesn't take too long to sort the "wheat from the chaff"......
Old 08-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

I had not been on in awhile and I only remembered a few names and Neil was one of them. Ive only been smith'n for a few years and am far from knowing everything but can give Neil alot of credit in helping me out in my work, though he and alot of others prolly don't remember me. I had'nt been around in a few years but Im back now for good, God willing.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back anthony! Glad to have you back. Neil