Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
So  long folks >

So long folks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

So long folks

Old 07-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with jeepkid................!

You are respected by many here.

After all, you are your own man !!!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I have to say SWT's post was pretty refreshing especially if it was sincere. Many of us have a bad experience with someone here and it goes back and forth. Some times we are right and other times wrong. Often times when someone points out a shortcoming a lesson can be learned from it. I have noticed that a couple of the newer mods seem to have attitude which can be counter productive to gaining respect. In all fairness even a great mod like Cal Hunter probably had his day in the beginning. I am willing to bet the newer mods will either learn to be the best they can be or HNI will cast them off like a pair of dirty socks.
Stay the course SB....running away from adversity won't suit you.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I belong to several different forums and have for 4-5 years...

In all this time, I have never had a Mod tell me that I shouldn't be speaking the way I was...It's a non issue to me...

Why in the heck do I want to get into an argument on the internet with someone that I know nothing about??? Heck, they could be a 10 year old kid...I just state my experience and forget it, if someone else believes something else, good for them...

I've got more important things to do in my life than become obsessed with having to "win" an argument on here...
Yep, some people just don't get it. This is good advice. Nothing on any forum I've been on is worth getting your blood pressure up for. Sometimes I just walk away.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Site Bouncer

Stick around bud...
Old 07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Neil, I really hope you'll stick around. You are a valuable member of this forum and I've greatly enjoyed and appreciated your contributions. I see that SWThomas has extended an olive branch to you. Why not take it? If, in the future your fears are realized, you can always quit then.

Out of curiosity, what do you do to become a mod around here? I'd like to know the criteria for the mod selection process.

Mike

Last edited by driftrider; 07-31-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Because I'm an idiot and can't complete a sentence...
Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by driftrider
Out of curiosity, what do you do to become a mod around here? I'd like to know the criteria for the mod selection process.

Mike
You probably don't want to know Mike. Rumor has it that the initiation is kind of.......mmmm.....mmmmmm...ahhhhhh...kinky.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
You probably don't want to know Mike. Rumor has it that the initiation is kind of.......mmmm.....mmmmmm...ahhhhhh...kinky.
I'll try anything once... well, almost anything...

Mike
Old 07-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey mods we have a person who wants to migrate to the darkside. He is from Coralville (Iowa City) home of Custom Jig and Spin my favorite ice fishing jig maker and about halfway from Vt to my hunting spot in Co. I stay there often and the people are great. He might be a good candidate. Mmmmmmmm Texas Road House.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a custom ice fishing jig maker in Iowa City? Really? That's funny, since I've never once seen anyone ice fishing on the Coralville Reservoir or Lake MacBride. I should tell my brother.

But hey, if they want to make me a mod, what the heck. I'm game. Look at the bright side, I'm more qualified to be a mod on this forum than our current president is to be town dogcatcher. I'd do a better job, too. And I won't tax your hard earned healthcare benefits... I'm driftrider, and I approved this message...

Mike
Old 07-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

As a newer guy on this forum I would like to say I enjoy reading your post, and it didn't take long for you to gain my respect. I would really hate to see you leave. Looking forward to reading your post soon!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.