Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 thoughts on  the accutrigger >

thoughts on the accutrigger

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

thoughts on the accutrigger

Old 02-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default thoughts on the accutrigger

well ive asked alot of questions on the savages and almost all the replies was that the acutrigger was the best thing to have well i had a chance to shoot one this weekend and maybe it was this certain one the way it was set but i honestly didnt care for it at all. i pulled the blade to the trigger and it felt like it hit a wall so i squeezed and nothing i had to squeeze pretty hard. it kinda felt like i was pulling on a regular trigger on safety. is this normal is it one of those things youhave to get used to or what. cause if it is i really dont care for this trigger setup at all thanx
Old 02-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: thoughts on the accutrigger

I cannot speak for all savage accutriggers but mine came from the factory set to the maximum pull weight. So it should feel the same as other factory triggers if you have not adusted it down. Once it is turned down some you should see a big difference in its pull weight compared to other factory triggers.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's NOT normal for an accu-trigger to be that heavy normally they break at light weight after pulling that darn tab back. Personally, I don't like the goofy accu-triggers. Instead I'd MUCH rather have an conventional single stage trigger that breaks like a glass rod with NO perceptible movement whatsoever. The accu-triggers, while not 2 stage triggers, remind me too much of them.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Thats not normal. my breaks very nicely. I love the accutrigger. the 2 stage setup works.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Spike

well i thought exacly what you did stalkingbear i really didnt care for it i love the savage rifles but thought i would much prefer a regular trigger. but i also thought maybe i just wasnt use to the accutrigger and i would like itif i got use to it thanx again
Old 02-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like the trigger on the one you shot was adjusted to max pressure. I have two Savage Accu-Trigger rifles, both adjusted to the minimum pull weight, which I would say is in the 2-2.5lb range (I haven't measured it). Mine have almost no perceptible creep and break light and clean. I don't really even notice the trigger safety, and it doesn't really bother me much. Once the trigger safety is pressed in to the point that your finger touches the trigger, I don't even feel it anymore. The great thing about the Accu-Trigger is that it can be adjusted in less than ten minutes with the tool that ships with the rifle. Maybe the guy likes his triggers heavy (only God knows why), or he never read the manual and no one told him that he can adjust it. Doesn't sound like that trigger was representative of the Accu-Trigger.

Mike

Old 02-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I didn't really like the Accutrigger the first time I tried it either. I didfeelmore comfortable with it the second time. I just thought I would let you know I kinda thought the same thing the 1st time shot a gun with the Accutrigger.