Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Accutrigger

Old 11-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Accutrigger

So it's been out there for a while now. Anyone who has used it care to chime in and give us the final low down on the Savage Accutrigger. Is it all that it's said to be. Any distinctive pro's or con's to it? How easy does it adjust? How reliable is it? etc.

Thanks for the review.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Accutrigger

I really like mine. It came set just where I like it so I have not played with it. It takes a few shots to get used to it but then its the best trigger I ever pulled. Its a winner.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Ok, here it goes. I am trigger picky. I have redone the trigger in my 1911's, and my Ruger SA 45 Colt. Actually, my Ruger is cut with custom Angles I made up my self! That picky.

I do like my Savage Accutrigger. I can only see 2 improvements. First get rid of that silly extra lever and make it function more like a 2 stage trigger. That is really one request, I guess.

Anyways, my Savage accutrigger out of the box was set for about 2.5 lbs measured. It is crisp. I tried it at it's min and max setting when new. It was crisp and without creep at both. It does feel like it could be smoother, but that is not showing up as creep. I'm not sure how to explain, but it is like the hammer and sear mating is a bit rough causing it to break very crisp, but this mating feels different than like my Frank White AR trigger. I'm not sure how to explain.

In summary, this is by far the best factory trigger I have felt. The adjustment is great for hunting and general target shooting. For more serious target shooting, a lighter trigger maybe needed. I just wish it did not have the feel of the thin safety lever, but I do like that it has a way to feel like you are getting on the trigger before you are on the trigger.

Sorry to be so vague. I will dryfire tonight and see if I can clarify.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:06 PM

I recently bought a 243 w/scope at Walmart. It also had a 2.5 lb pull out of the box with no creep. I have not adjusted it. I know some don't like the thin safety lever and I probably would rather it not be there also. But.....I can deal with it. I really like the trigger and am looking to buy another Savage. Probably a 22-250 Model 12.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:08 PM

The Accu-Trigger is very easy to adjust, and it makes shooting the gun a whole lot better, in terms of reliiability I give it an A+++.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:11 PM

How long has the AccuTrigger been out?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:23 PM

3 or 4 years
Old 11-30-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one on my .17HMR. The gun itself shoots...but LORD does it SHOOT! Yesterday during lunch, after some squirrel damage control around the corn piles, I litterally shot the spent primers out of fired shotgun shell hulls at 100 yards with it. It is amazingly accurate.

The accutrigger itself is pretty nice, but I do have a couple of gripes.

1) Everyone says that the weight adjustment is easy to manipulate, and I suspect it would be, had Savage acctually included the tool I need to change it and the directions, with the gun. I suspect this is just an oversight on Savage's part, and I can likely get another for free if I could remember to call them during business hours.

2) Mine does have creep in it, two stages worth of creep. Mine came from the factory at about 4 lbs, and as rifle triggers go, it ain't hittin on much. I suspect that when I do get around to fooling with it that things will improve greatly.

Overall, its certainly better than most factory bolt action triggers out of the box.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Swamp savage will take care of it for you that is one thing they are very good at.

As far as the accutrigger &adjustability is as simple as it gets. My AT has no creep or overtravel at any of the settings. The lowest being slightly over 2lbs the heaviest being 6 1/4lbs according to a triggerscale. I have mine setfor 3lbs break. I hate the lawyer bar and feel in my finger. With gloves it causes megrief. I like the rem 700 factory trigger better, few minutes i can have it breaking clean and crisp without the bar issues. I personally wouldn't buy a savage soley based on the AT, in fact I amthinking of swamping mine out this winter!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Accutrigger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.