Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Accutrigger

Old 08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Accutrigger

[blockquote]I keep forgetting to call Savage during their hours, and they don't take emails. Does anyone know if the accutrigger can be retrofitted to my model 110? If not, what after market adjustable trigger is worth the purchase? [/blockquote]
Old 08-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Accutrigger

I don't think the accutrigger will fit nor do I think there's a aftermarket trigger for it.

I'm not 100 % sure of this so other posters might have a better answer,

I fixed one for a guy....it's not fun at all.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:14 PM

The Accutrigger will not fit the older recievers. It will only fit the newer round rear style recievers. You might try a trigger from Sharp Shooters Supply. Savage will not sell you the Accutrigger anyway, the only way to get you hands on one is from a take off. I have one on my .243 and I love it, I think its the best factory trigger out there. Mine breaks at about 22 oz. I shot a .237" three round group this last weekend with that rifle. I will only buy Savage rifles from here on out. Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Typical Buck

Appreciate the responses guys. Would have liked the accutrigger. Cabelas lists the Rifle Basix and the Timney Trigger.Any one have any experience with these two brands? I'll try to track down Sharp Shooters Supply and see what they have as well. It may be as cost effective to just take it to a smith and have him "adjust" the factory trigger. I was thinking 1.5 to 2 lbs.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Typical Buck

Okay, that didn't take long. The sharp shooter trigger is a drop in design that utilizes the factory safety. Sounds versatile in terms of adjustable engagement, length of pull, and lbs of pull. A bit more than the others, but sounds like maybe a better design. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am really impressed with my Savage and the accutrigger. Try asking on this website, there is ton of info here: http://www.savageshooters.com/index.html
Old 08-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

i dotn have any personal experience with the rifle basix trigger but alot of people ahve swaped out there stock trigger for rifle basix triggers on rimfire central and Ive herd nothing but good comments
Old 08-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course the Accutrigger is excellent. I have one on my muzzleloader. However as you have found out they can not be retrofitted to older actions.

I had the same issue with my Savage 210 bolt action shotgun. I replaced the factory trigger with an after market Timney trigger. I paid 55$, and installed it myself. The instructions were very clear and easy.
The only fitting that I had to do was to shorten the overall length of the finger portion of the trigger. As it came it was a touch too long to fit in the trigger gaurd. I was able to shorten it in about 5 min using a drill with a rotary grinding bit.
Total installation, tuning, and safety check took less than an hour.