Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Savages for 09 >

New Savages for 09

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Savages for 09

Old 01-10-2009, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Savages for 09

I believe in the years following Savage's introduction of their Accutrigger the other manufacturers all introduced new/improved triggers on thier rifles. Now Savage has thier Acustock...who's gonna follow suit on this concept next?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually as much as I like the Savage rifles, and I own several and they all shoot great, Their synthetic stocks did need some improvement. They were extremely flimsy at the tip and flexed easily. This change in the forend touching the barrel or otherwise altering the pressure on the barrel could and would change to POI. The new stocks I understand are more rigid.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jsb57

savages may not be pretty but how many other $250 dollar gun shoot sub MOA with just about any kind of ammo you shoot out of it. I know there are other great guns out there but for a gun to go beat around the country with chasing coyotes what more could you want.
Where do i get em for $250???....Ill take3 of em...
Old 01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

couldn't agree more if it does help accuracy then savage will claim the most accurate production rifles which i am sure they are in the top 2 already but a stiffer stock makes it feel like more of a gun and some people need that to stroke their shooting ego. personally i do not believe that this accustock will e ay better than the traditionall pillar edding standrd on most savage rifles but i pln to buy one to see if i do mabye 308 in the mod 12 if it has the accustock

Old 01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CarpetBagger

ORIGINAL: jsb57

savages may not be pretty but how many other $250 dollar gun shoot sub MOA with just about any kind of ammo you shoot out of it. I know there are other great guns out there but for a gun to go beat around the country with chasing coyotes what more could you want.
Where do i get em for $250???....Ill take3 of em...

+1

Savage has made a lot of improvements over the years. But their price has reflected those improvements. Savage is not the cheap priced rifle it once was. But it is still the UGLY rifle it has always been.

Savage does a great job for a reasnable price. That is why they are so successful. And they are an American company who keeps their prices as reasonable as possible. I hope their new stock works for them, because their older synthetic stocks were a bit chincy. Tom.