Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Savages for 09 >

New Savages for 09

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Savages for 09

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Savages for 09

I was just reading on the new accustock to go with the accutrigger. I may not be the biggest fan of Savage,but they do keep innovation comming!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Savages for 09

Looks like an answer to a problem that don't exist or another gimmick to me.I'm also AMAZED they didn't bother to edit or correct writing mistakes.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

they are making the stevens rifles with a camostock and scope other than that i did not see much new you can look on their website www.savagearms.com
Old 01-09-2009, 01:38 PM

Their rifles shoot great already, not sure if this is really needed.
I wish they would spend a few R&D dollars on making a stock that doesn't feel so cheap.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Looks like an answer to a problem that don't exist or another gimmick to me.I'm also AMAZED they didn't bother to edit or correct writing mistakes.
??? Savages synthetic stocks, also referred to as "tupperware", were the biggest compliant owners ,including myself had. I'd hardly call that "a problem that doesnt exist". If youve ever owned one, you would see the great improvment a stiffer stock would make over the previous, flimsy one. I'd say savage should be comended for listening to its customers.

With an improved stock, accutrigger(definatley not a gimmick either) and the typical great accuracy,and low price, I'd say Savage is hard to beat!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I'm talking about is their supposed new exciting breakthrough on bedding design that makes everything else obsolete if you believe the hype on the website. Aluminum bedding blocks are nothing new,it's just a different style. I honestly don't see where it's any better than an conventional full length bedding block.

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

??? Savages synthetic stocks, also referred to as "tupperware", were the biggest compliant owners ,including myself had. I'd hardly call that "a problem that doesnt exist". If youve ever owned one, you would see the great improvment a stiffer stock would make over the previous, flimsy one. I'd say savage should be comended for listening to its customers.

With an improved stock, accutrigger(definatley not a gimmick either) and the typical great accuracy,and low price, I'd say Savage is hard to beat!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I dont think they needed any special bedding system , The rifles were already as accurate as a factory rifle could be expected to be, but the aluminum skeleton, in a lightweight injection molded stock, was a good idea.

Personally I think they should have just gone back to the staggerd feed and put houge or B&C stocks on em.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

stalkingbear; I do believe that the difference between this accustock and traditional bedding is that the accustock applies pressure for the up and down forward and back. Traditional bedding only applies pressure for up and down. Here is the quote from their website.

"Three-Dimensional Bedding Pressure – Pillar-bedded and v-block stocks, as good as they are, only apply bedding pressure on one axis, up and down. The AccuStock uses a wedge bolt to push the recoil lug back into the aluminum spine to prevent any movement forward and aft, while the bedding cradle literally squeezes the action from the sides when the action screws are tightened.

“The stock literally squeezes the action from all directions,” Coburn said. “It becomes part of the action, making the whole rifle much stiffer and much more consistent.”"

I can't say that it is any better since I have not shot one, but it is an intrigueing concept.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

The accustock concept does make some sense to me, onlytime will tell if it improves accuracy.Even if it is not any better than standard full length bedding it looks like an improvement over the existing stock and that in itself is a plus. The design will clearly stiffen the forend and that was my main grip with the old stocks.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

savages may not be pretty but how many other $250 dollar gun shoot sub MOA with just about any kind of ammo you shoot out of it. I know there are other great guns out there but for a gun to go beat around the country with chasing coyotes what more could you want.

Quick Reply: New Savages for 09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.