This was 3 or so weeks ago and its still a bit tender. Right between the dang eyes. Man, I tell you I..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Have you ever... >

Have you ever...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Have you ever...

Old 08-28-2008, 09:39 PM

Default Have you ever...

popped yourself in the head with a scope??? LOL the first time I shot a 35 it happened. Uhhh quite embarrassing but nobody knew until I said "Oh gosh dern it, I hit my head"
This was 3 or so weeks ago and its still a bit tender. Right between the dang eyes. Man, I tell you I had a nasty headache the rest of the day.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever...

Done it one time, many years ago. Had a Winchester 30-30 that had a side mount scope, after shooting for a while with the scope I swithed to open sights and got to close to the scope. Busted my head open, I dropped the gun. Bled like a stuck hog, probably should have had a few stitches, still got the scar.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 PM

Here is a picture right before it happened. Notice how close my head it... it seemed far away at the time!!!

Lets not discuss how I stand either. Ive been shunned enough

Old 08-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Cupcake, That is affectionately know as the Weatherby Kiss. Welcome to the club!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never done it but took my brother -in-law in for stitches . He crowded in close to keep the sun out of his eyes ,never thought about the scope .
Old 08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That stock is too long for you. You are too far up on the stock. I am not sure but that rifle looks like a Marlin 336. If so you can get a butt stock on E-Bay for $30 or $40. Buy one and cut it off.

I have busted my "Noggin" many times. If you shoot a lot it will happen. This is the reason I am going to send my Encore off and have it ported. The rifle has too much muzzle flip. Tom.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only did this once with a .45-70 with handloads. Just kissed my skull is how I like to put it.

Tom
Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 AM

I've done it twice. The first time was when I shot my first buck. I had blood steaming down my face and had to wipe it out of my eye for a follow up shot. My father was watching me from his stand with binoculars and at the shothe said it looked liked somebody shot me between the eyes. The second time was at the range during an all day session and I got lazy. That was embarrassing. That 7mm will bite you if you give it a chance.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

My 13 year old son did it just last year antelope hunting. He had a choice of several rifles to use and picked the .300 Win mag which he had never shot before. At the shot the buck dropped in his tracks and I was watching thru the binos. What I didn't realize at the time was the scope had clocked the boy in the head....right between the eyes, on the bridge of his glasses. Nasty looking wound. Apparently several years of shooting prairie dogs with much lighter kicking rifles had made him a bit complacent about how he held the rifle. He learned quickly from that point on to respect that gun.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

That stock is too long for you. You are too far up on the stock. I am not sure but that rifle looks like a Marlin 336. If so you can get a butt stock on E-Bay for $30 or $40. Buy one and cut it off.

I have busted my "Noggin" many times. If you shoot a lot it will happen. This is the reason I am going to send my Encore off and have it ported. The rifle has too much muzzle flip. Tom.
Marlin 35. Its and old one. I LOVED the scope. Its old old old. Abercrombie and Fitch but darn thing looks like your lookin at a HDTV. Its SOOOOOOO clear!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.