This was 3 or so weeks ago and its still a bit tender. Right between the dang eyes. Man, I tell you I..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Have you ever... >

Have you ever...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Have you ever...

Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Have you ever...

Did it once realgoodabout 3 years ago sighting in a 300 win mag on a bench that was way too low for me. Popped me right between the eyes and sliced me open good.

I bled for about 2 hours.

The bad thing is...... I was with the head gunsmith sighting in these rifles and he looked up at me, busted out laughing, and then immediately pulled out the cell phoneto call the store to let every one know what had happened.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:47 AM

I was lucky it didnt break the skin. It was only one side of the scope that got me. I should stop my whining, your stories are worse
Old 08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

It happened to once while on a Canadian deer hunt. I shot a buck while slightly out of position with a Kimber 300 WSM just before dark ine evening. I didnt feel or notice anything at the shot BTW.
I hurried and got my stuff together and went to the downed deer and took several field photos via a camera/tripod/self timer. I waited another 30 minutes until the outfitter and my best friend showed up.
They no sooner got out of the truck and started laughing their butts off, I stood there and asked "What, what's so funny?" Then Fred asked me, "why do have blood running down your nose"? I said "what blood, are you kidding me?" "Look, look into a the mirror at yourself" they said. It wasnt until that moment that I realized that I got "scoped" and I had all those pictures of myself and with the excitement of the moment didnt notice the blood.

Long story , short....when I got back home, I had to photoshop the blood running down my nose in the pictures and until this day Fred reminds me of that day.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CupCake28

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

That stock is too long for you. You are too far up on the stock. I am not sure but that rifle looks like a Marlin 336. If so you can get a butt stock on E-Bay for $30 or $40. Buy one and cut it off.

I have busted my "Noggin" many times. If you shoot a lot it will happen. This is the reason I am going to send my Encore off and have it ported. The rifle has too much muzzle flip. Tom.
Marlin 35. Its and old one. I LOVED the scope. Its old old old. Abercrombie and Fitch but darn thing looks like your lookin at a HDTV. Its SOOOOOOO clear!!!!!!!

I am a bit antiquated, so I do not understand your answer(old fuddy duddy). Are you saying your Marlin is a model 35. Or the caliber is 35 caliber. It will say on your barrel what the model, and cartridge are. I looks like a model 336. Possibly a 35 Remington cartridge?? If so then that rifle will kick a little. You really do need a stock that would fit you. Or you are definitely gonna get hit in the eye again. And normally a scope will bring the blood. Tom.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:16 AM

That stock is too long for you. You are too far up on the stock. I am not sure but that rifle looks like a Marlin 336. If so you can get a butt stock on E-Bay for $30 or $40. Buy one and cut it off.

I have busted my "Noggin" many times. If you shoot a lot it will happen. This is the reason I am going to send my Encore off and have it ported. The rifle has too much muzzle flip. Tom.
Marlin 35. Its and old one. I LOVED the scope. Its old old old. Abercrombie and Fitch but darn thing looks like your lookin at a HDTV. Its SOOOOOOO clear!!!!!!!

I am a bit antiquated, so I do not understand your answer(old fuddy duddy). Are you saying your Marlin is a model 35. Or the caliber is 35 caliber. It will say on your barrel what the model, and cartridge are. I looks like a model 336. Possibly a 35 Remington cartridge?? If so then that rifle will kick a little. You really do need a stock that would fit you. Or you are definitely gonna get hit in the eye again. And normally a scope will bring the blood. Tom.
Hell it aint my gun but i suppose I should proof read before i post. yes it is a 336. yes 35 Rem. catridge.

Quit yellin at me!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 AM

Cupcake, I'm thinkin'......

Do you have adate for Saturday Night?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:32 AM

I know you didn't want comments about your form, but if it was better that might not have happened. You should be leaning more forward than back. You should stand straight up, center your balance over your legs, bend your knees a bit then stick your butt out a little. Then place the stock into your shoulder, pulling it in and lean into the shot a little. Looks a bit goofy, but it will help with recoil and shot recovery. It's easier to show you than to try and explain.

Your really don't look that close to scope to me to be honest.

My honest suggestion would be to find some place to take a few shooting lessons, you will be happy with the results I promise.

Gun fit is important as well, especially when shooting off hand like that.

As far as the rest of your form goes, well... someones a lucky guy that's all I can say without getting into trouble.

Paul
Old 08-29-2008, 09:42 AM

That form comes from a too heavy Rifle..........
Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell it aint my gun but i suppose I should proof read before i post. yes it is a 336. yes 35 Rem. catridge.

Quit yellin at me!

I am sorry. I proof read my post and thought it might come across as harsh. The problem is I really like taking my girl friend shooting and hunting with me. We have a blast together. She got bit once also. But then I bought a rifle that fit her perfectly. And now if you are within 100 yards of her(off hand shooting), you are in a world of hurt. Her cartridge of choice is a 30 Carbine. She has two of them now. She has also claimed a new Marlin 1894 in 44 magnum I just bought. She is as addicted as I am. Tom.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 AM

Rifle loony... your silly

On my form... the reason I lean back is because it feel more "comfortable" to me. Ive tried the standing forward and stuff but honestly, i cant STAND the feeling of my butt pokin out. That is the most annoying thing!!!

Head0001... you werent a bit harsh, i was just playin with ya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.