HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever...
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
doubleA
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever...

It happened to once while on a Canadian deer hunt. I shot a buck while slightly out of position with a Kimber 300 WSM just before dark ine evening. I didnt feel or notice anything at the shot BTW.
I hurried and got my stuff together and went to the downed deer and took several field photos via a camera/tripod/self timer. I waited another 30 minutes until the outfitter and my best friend showed up.
They no sooner got out of the truck and started laughing their butts off, I stood there and asked "What, what's so funny?" Then Fred asked me, "why do have blood running down your nose"? I said "what blood, are you kidding me?" "Look, look into a the mirror at yourself" they said. It wasnt until that moment that I realized that I got "scoped" and I had all those pictures of myself and with the excitement of the moment didnt notice the blood.

Long story , short....when I got back home, I had to photoshop the blood running down my nose in the pictures and until this day Fred reminds me of that day.