Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 poll! best quality scope >

poll! best quality scope

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

poll! best quality scope

Old 03-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: poll! best quality scope

Woods, I saw the weather you guy' s have had of late out there. How did you find the conquest in cold weather? Any fogging problems? I usually do my hunting in pretty cold weather (-10 to -25 deg.) up here in November. I never had a problem with my leupold and I was wondering how you found the Conquest. JDinAB
Old 03-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree 100 percent with One Shot. For the money Bushnell. I have had about 25 of them over the years. I have had about a jillion guns being a gun nut since age six. I have had about the same number of Tasco world class scopes.I have had three Leupolds sent two of them back. Just bought a New Leupold that I have not used yet. My Tasco and Bushnells have been on rifles from 222 to 416 Rem Mag. To this date after 45 years of using them I have had to send just exactly zero of them back for service. I sent back one Simmons with broken crosshairs. My fault, forgot to tighten the ring screws. In my life I have paid over two hundred bucks for only four scopes and I had to send two of them back. I also have a new Nikon that has very critical eye relief. I don,t like it real well. None of my Bushnell or Tasco' s cost over 80.00 bucks. The best overall scope I have ever had is a 30 year old Redfiel Tracker 2X7. Were I to take that once in a lifetime trip, you better believe that old Redfield would be with me. I bought the new Leupold to ty to break the jinx, I have just had rotten luck with them. One thing that bothers me as my eye gets older is I find that the eye relief is much more critical than it used to be. I have to get those scopes mounted just exactly the right distance or I have fits with them. That didn,t used to be a problem.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:15 AM

Just bought my first Zeiss Conquest after using various Vari X III for the past 10 years. From playing around in the back yard it looks like the Zeiss is going to give me an extra 10 minutes of hunting. So to me its a no brainer, Zeiss Conquest.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:30 AM

Vince to be exact I got 9 extra minutes of target visibility with the Conquest over a Vari X lll so you got that one dead on.

JD,I tried taking my scopes out of a warm house(70 degrees) into -14 degrees out in the woodshed to see if any would fog.All scopes(Bushnell,Leupold,Redfield,and Conquest)all passed with flying colors.I think if your scope hasn' t degassed it will preform fine in the cold with no internal fogging.On the outside from breath or body heat at this point the Bushnell with rainguard seems to be the only one able to conquer this(several other scope manufactures are working on their own lens coating as we speak).

woods
Old 03-18-2003, 04:40 PM

My vote is for Leupold. They are the only scope I will buy anymore. I have them on all my rifles and my turkey shotgun. Can' t beat the warranty, they' re reasonably priced and they look good also!